A new daily game. Name the year & opponents of a famous Rams match

admira

1 hour ago, Premier ram said:

A very poor Derby side making hard work of beating Halifax Town in the League Cup, went to extra time , September 82, very dark days in our history

Hard to believe that just seven years after being Champions of England, our line-up looked like that!

5 hours ago, admira said:

Hard to believe that just seven years after being Champions of England, our line-up looked like that!

Yes mate , seeing the likes of Attley, Brolly, Hill, Dalziel and McAlle pulling on Rams shirts was enough to give you the shivers, the club was in a very poor state, did Bobby Davison play in that game, is that how we became aware of him

12 hours ago, Premier ram said:

Yes mate , seeing the likes of Attley, Brolly, Hill, Dalziel and McAlle pulling on Rams shirts was enough to give you the shivers, the club was in a very poor state, did Bobby Davison play in that game, is that how we became aware of him

I cant tell from my source but his name is in the programme, as is Steve Spooners. 

B0A32321-B917-4D73-BBF9-ED34F0BA315B.jpeg

2 hours ago, admira said:

139. Year, opponents and memories. 4-0 away win

image.png.aa997aff2362d95fb1cff7bbcf8c37c4.png

Ibe scored at Reading in (I think) a 3-0 win... I think this one is Birmingham away (especially as Fozzie scored more than once against them).

Christie is in the team, so it's post-Play-Off-Final-misery. I'll go for 2014 (late) but it could be early 2015.

On 05/01/2024 at 11:17, admira said:

139. Year, opponents and memories. 4-0 away win

image.png.aa997aff2362d95fb1cff7bbcf8c37c4.png

I think this was the one where Ibe absolutely twatted it into the roof of the net from about 4 yards out. Boxing Day at St Andrews wasn’t it?

6 hours ago, Kernow said:

I think this was the one where Ibe absolutely twatted it into the roof of the net from about 4 yards out. Boxing Day at St Andrews wasn’t it?

Happy days, singing 'I'm dreaming of a white christmas' in the snow storm at the end of the game.