New Academy Manager

Caerphilly Ram

On 13/06/2023 at 17:24, therealhantsram said:

I agree. Let's not overhype this appointment. 

Southampton are in a very different situation to Derby. They have almost no competition for the best kids in the south. Portsmouth have been a mess for the past 10 years and after that it's Exeter.

Kids near Derby have options around Stoke, Derby, Forest and Leiec. It's very different.

Not saying this won't be a good appointment, but he will have a bunch of challenges he hasn't had before.

I think Southampton had an academy in Wales also producing good players . Let’s be honest , something had to change . The sale of academy products has bankrolled the the rise of the club down the road. It’s going to take a while , but you only need a Jude Bellingham.

17 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

I think Southampton had an academy in Wales also producing good players . Let’s be honest , something had to change . The sale of academy products has bankrolled the the rise of the club down the road. It’s going to take a while , but you only need a Jude Bellingham.

that's like me telling the missus were only one Euromillions win away from that house she's got her eye on.......🤣

4 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

I remember about 3 seasons ago people on here were wondering what all the fuss with Bellingham was about.  People saying Sibley was the better prospect...

Come on Louie, we're all behind you, it's not too late!

12 hours ago, Ram Logan Josh said:

I remember about 3 seasons ago people on here were wondering what all the fuss with Bellingham was about.  People saying Sibley was the better prospect...

Come on Louie, we're all behind you, it's not too late!

A decent run in the side in his favoured position and Louie will show what he’s all about