Benito Carbone

TuffLuff

Saw a Sun clickbait article saying about how Benito Carbone was unrecognisable today because he’s cut his hair short. If you want a look I did find this guardian article that’s actually a lot more interesting and in depth about his career with some nice pictures of how he looks today. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2022/oct/23/benito-carbone-sheffield-wednesday-aston-villa-bradford

But anyway I’m kinda using this to have a jump off for what I would guess would be an ‘unpopular derby opinion’ (where has that thread gone? It was one of the more fun threads that would pop up every once in a while)….

Carbone was a better fit than Kinkladze for us at the time because he was a more rounded player and hard working. Kinkladze had class but could often go missing in games, which in a struggling side was far from ideal.

Edited by TuffLuff

I don't even remember him playing for us! A google reveals 13 games in 2001. Was that in the relegation season or the one before? Miserable times. When every week is a struggle football can sap your enthusiasm. It's interesting now to feel more engaged, even though we're in the third division. Partly the righteous anger against the people who put us there and nearly ended the club entirely, and partly because we're getting results on the pitch.

28 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I don't even remember him playing for us! A google reveals 13 games in 2001. Was that in the relegation season or the one before? Miserable times. When every week is a struggle football can sap your enthusiasm. It's interesting now to feel more engaged, even though we're in the third division. Partly the righteous anger against the people who put us there and nearly ended the club entirely, and partly because we're getting results on the pitch.

Season we went down.  Looked decent when he was here and think he was only because Bradford couldn't afford his wages so he did the rounds a bit.  We should never have gone down that year with the players we had .  He walked away from 3 million in wages Bradford had committed over 3 years to stop them going bust. Fair do's.