Red Roses @ The Rugby World Cup 2022

Comrade 86

And so England open their Rugby World Cup campaign against Fiji in 10 minutes already with a world record 25 winning game streak behind them. Fair to say that they are expected to win this tournament and the bookies are not overstating matters rating them 1/2 to favourites to lift the trophy. They are form certainties, but will it be that simple?

Short answer, probably not, though having just watched an unbelievably error-strewn performance from the ever frustrating French, surely only the Black Ferns stand in their way.

Should be a cracking tournament and I've gone with England to cover the 53.5 point handicap. 

Come on the Red Roses! 

Blimey! Maddest half of rugby I've ever seen results in an 84-19 win for the Red Roses. Didn't look likely in the first 40, but that second half was close to perfect rugby. Feel for the Fijiana, as they didn't deserve to be on the end of that kind of a mauling after really putting it up to England at times.

Not sure an all-night triple header was the best idea, but I'm going to push on through and catch the Black Ferns vs Australia game next up. I'm going with the Kiwis to cover the 23 point handicap. 

1 hour ago, Carnero said:

Ouch!

They weren't at it today,to be honest. The Canadians are absolutely huge and Japan had zero set piece as a consequence. It was brutal. I'll take the hit though, as Kiera Bevan just did me a square . I am borderline hallucinating from sleep deprivation though, but there's been some decent games already, with Wales - Scotland the pick and I've got this week off too ?? 

Edited by 86 Hair Islands

3 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

That Fijian Prop was fecking huge, Her thighs were bigger than a mature English Oak Tree, If she'd say Saturday was Sunday I'd have to agree ?

Not sure if you saw the Canadian pack but their front 8 are truly terrifying ?

Just watched the last 20mins of S Africa Vs Fiji, SA score a pen in the last 2mins, A SA win on the cards to make it 17-14, Fiji Kick Off knock the ball, Get the ball and what, My favourite Fiji prop with mature English Oaktree thighs gets the ball and it's like watching someone bowling a 10 pin ball down the alley, She knocked everyone out of the way literally...off loads the ball, Fiji player brought down... Fiji get a pen take a short tap and score over the line with 1 minute to go, Score the conversion to make it 21-17 ?

• 2 weeks later...