Red Roses @ The Rugby World Cup 2022

Comrade 86

8 hours ago, BucksRam said:

I guess what is frustrating is that without the loss of a player as early as the 18th minute,  I'm pretty sure England would have won.  They can hold their heads up high though although I wouldn't want to be Lydia Thompson - she must feel awful.

Very small margins and it's a shame that we were denied a full 15v15 match. 

The Roses seem to have suffered injuries as well, losing rowland and infante. 

Going forward England need to find a more versatile 10. The female Rob Andrew had nowhere to go when kicking mistakes crept in. Emily scarratt seemed to lack pace against her opposite number. 

Finally a word about Ellie kildunne who I haven't particularly rated at 15, looks a bit awkward and timid. But she was absolutely magnificent today. 

9 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Not sure how the Kiwis got a penalty when their player dived at the foot of the kicker that lead to the winning try. How could she pull out of the kick ? 

They didn't, they got the line out because the kick went out on the full and the England player was outside the 22.

Originally the ref thought that the kick had hit the NZ players arm and gave the line out to England way down the pitch where the ball went out. 

It was only because an England forward was injured that the blasted tmo had time to look and correct the decision. More bad luck for England, rubbed in when they scored the try. 

14 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Very small margins and it's a shame that we were denied a full 15v15 match. 

The Roses seem to have suffered injuries as well, losing rowland and infante. 

Going forward England need to find a more versatile 10. The female Rob Andrew had nowhere to go when kicking mistakes crept in. Emily scarratt seemed to lack pace against her opposite number. 

Finally a word about Ellie kildunne who I haven't particularly rated at 15, looks a bit awkward and timid. But she was absolutely magnificent today. 

Yep, agree with all that.