Det forum closed down

davenportram

I know some of you used to post on the DET forum and migrated to this a while ago - i did mydelf at one point and became a lurker and seldom posted on here.

Just tried to log onto the DET site and it has been closed down due to time and cost of dealing with legal complaints about posts - the forum was being run by someone in thier spare time.

I dont know if anyone cares about that forum or not but it would appear that soemone didnt like what was being posted on the other site ( the only mention ot complaints have been from PG and JK) so it could be worth watching what is posted.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just this minute been told and went to have a look, any ideas what has been said now?

I've never had any complaints regarding posts on the forum, be interesting to see if I do over the coming weeks.

All I know is what is said and that about 3 or 4 weeks ago a thread was pulled and warning issued about libellous comments following a complaint from PG.

And today an opology by a different poster was made regarding comments made in posts regarding PG and JK, also stating that he ahd made a donation to help the heros at their request.

There was some heated debates regarding GSE which was leading to some discussio nof the "merits" of previous regimes, but I cant rememebr reading anything recently that crossed the line so to speak.

There may well have been complaints from others but it was only the PG and JK complaints that were made public.

I know some of you used to post on the DET forum and migrated to this a while ago - i did mydelf at one point and became a lurker and seldom posted on here.

Just tried to log onto the DET site and it has been closed down due to time and cost of dealing with legal complaints about posts - the forum was being run by someone in thier spare time.

I dont know if anyone cares about that forum or not but it would appear that soemone didnt like what was being posted on the other site ( the only mention ot complaints have been from PG and JK) so it could be worth watching what is posted.

Pretty gutted about that (n), ah well, heard good things about this forum so!

The size of the forum you was always going to have those kind of problems, all they needed was to appoint a few more moderators that were online at different times to deal with those posts.

I read the one about Clough being the highest paid manager in the league and bonuses for cost cutting which was laughable to be honest, just surprised they have shut down.

We'l gladly take in any waifs and strays, it's abit different over here but if any of the newcomers have any suggestions to feel abit more at home fire away.

Pretty gutted about that (n), ah well, heard good things about this forum so!

Welcome to the nuthouse!

Have a butchers around, bit different over here as we all get on so if you see us calling each other fools it's all friendly banter.

Hi all. Just got into a bloody good forum and it's been shut down, hence, I'm here now.

Hoping to have some good debates (though not about GSE, finances...blah blah..) with you all and meet new folk, so, well, hi everybody :)

Any posters from DET forum, you know who I am so give me a shout.

Hey Davenport, good to see you on here.

Despite Mark making a grovelling public apology to both Peter Gadsby and John Kirkland on the old forum, it doesn't look like it made the slightest bit of difference to either of them but I can't say that surprises me much, I suspected something like this would happen (although, not this soon) because of the contempt a lot of people still have for PG after that terrible PL season and the incorrect perception that he legged it after apparently running up enormous debt's that the club couldn't sustain.. for the second time.

I can't see the issue going much further than the closure of the forum though, what else can they do? From a personal point of view, it shows a distinct lack of respect toward's the supporters of DCFC but I doubt either of them care about that.

Thats a shame about the DET being wiped off the face of the earth.

Would have thought there was a way to resolve the issue without resorting to such an immediate close down. Guess the DET cutting the match thread this season was a sign of the lack of funding from the DET itself.

Heard this one was recommended so here goes!

Hi all. Just got into a bloody good forum and it's been shut down, hence, I'm here now.

Hoping to have some good debates (though not about GSE, finances...blah blah..) with you all and meet new folk, so, well, hi everybody :)

Any posters from DET forum, you know who I am so give me a shout.

You will have plenty with a chap called YoungRam15, he hasn't been on for a while, he maybe on holiday or he is half of devafever from xfactor

Welcome to our new members, it's a shame about the DET, please make yourself at home here.

One word of advice though, don't take too much of what is said to heart, and don't worry about the odd Forest fan, they are a friendly bunch.

Report anything you are concerned about, we'll be straight on it.

Enjoy yourselves, and "EE! AYE! EE! AYE!! EE! AYE OH! Up the football ball league we go!"

Archived