Det forum closed down

davenportram

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not nervous, more surprised that the DET has shut down if anything. Just have to wait and see what happens I guess and start looking through the Yellow pages for a decent solicitor on standby.

Ha,hope it doesn't get that bad!I think as long as we all realise that we can't state something as fact without the ability to back up with evidence,then we'll all be fine.

Hello! I'm Jonny, where do I even begin? I've always been bad at starting things, whether it be conversations, forum posts or, well, anything that needs starting really! I've been lurking here for a while, and pondering whether I should post here or not. I have finally managed to calm the gale that is raging in my head, and decided that yes why not post indeed. I can't really lose much, can I?

Hi mate

Welcome to the forum.

My girlfriend works at the DET (I'm posting under a pseudonym as I don't want my gf to get into trouble). She told me the DET wanted to close down the forum in the summer and it was rescued by one of the guys there (Delaroy I'm guessing) who agreed to take it on in his spare time without any help from the DET (which also explains all the advertising on dcfctoday :p ).

Everything seemed to be going fine then Gadsby started legal action against him. Wanting to take him to court and stuff.

I don't blame him for giving it up, who wants that sort of aggro? Even if he was in the right and could've won, it's still a lot of stress, aggro, time and money.

She also said that Delaroy tried to give it back to the DET but they didn't want it, hence why it's closed now.

A lot of familiar names in here! I wondered if we all scatter about the various other forums (I certainly don't have time to follow more than one!).

So a "hello" to all the existing members and a "so we meet again" to the other DET exiles! :-)

Martyn.

So why did Gadsby want to take legal action? Can someone PM me, dont want you to post it on here in case we get into trouble

Careless talk costs lives..... or forums, in this case.

Not enough thought from certain posters as to how their posts might be interpreted. You're safe enough if you make it clear that personal opinion is just that, opinion.

A lot of familiar names in here! I wondered if we all scatter about the various other forums (I certainly don't have time to follow more than one!).

So a "hello" to all the existing members and a "so we meet again" to the other DET exiles! :-)

Martyn.

I'm sure a few of the old timers will find their way here after viewing this thread. I'm the same as you though, I can't follow multiple forums as it's too much like hardwork.

Careless talk costs lives..... or forums, in this case.

Not enough thought from certain posters as to how their posts might be interpreted. You're safe enough if you make it clear that personal opinion is just that, opinion.

Is that a fact or opinion:)

Well put Hartley.

I'm sure a few of the old timers will find their way here after viewing this thread. I'm the same as you though, I can't follow multiple forums as it's too much like hardwork.

On the main menu you will see "New Posts", if you go in there it will show all your unread posts since your last visit.

As you are new you might want to click 'mark forums read' on the homepage to start with a clean slate.

Archived