Det forum closed down

davenportram

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All I know is what is said and that about 3 or 4 weeks ago a thread was pulled and warning issued about libellous comments following a complaint from PG.

And today an opology by a different poster was made regarding comments made in posts regarding PG and JK, also stating that he ahd made a donation to help the heros at their request.

There was some heated debates regarding GSE which was leading to some discussio nof the "merits" of previous regimes, but I cant rememebr reading anything recently that crossed the line so to speak.

There may well have been complaints from others but it was only the PG and JK complaints that were made public.

Hi davenport and other friends from the old forum.I followed the link to this site and it seems ok (and hi to all other forum members).

I suspect the old forum closed purely because of the reasons stated by Delaroy-I doubt it was closed by third party pressure (not too sure,for instance,that it would have been in Gadsby's interests to close it down).

I'm a refugee from the DET forum.

Admins, is there any possibility of looking into enabling this forum for tapatalk? I don't know if it costs anything or what, if it does I'll happily contribute. But I'm rarely near a computer so I rely on my iPhone... and whilst it is possible to use this forum on it without tapatalk, it's not easy.

There are millions of forums on there, some hardly used... so I suspect it's not too hard or expensive...?

Admins, is there any possibility of looking into enabling this forum for tapatalk? I don't know if it costs anything or what, if it does I'll happily contribute. But I'm rarely near a computer so I rely on my iPhone... and whilst it is possible to use this forum on it without tapatalk, it's not easy.

There are millions of forums on there, some hardly used... so I suspect it's not too hard or expensive...?

Give me 10 minutes, I did try it out before but I didn't get on with it. No problem adding it tho as it's free. I'll PM you once it's up.

What is it? I use the forum alot on my iphone.

Hi davenport and other friends from the old forum.I followed the link to this site and it seems ok (and hi to all other forum members).

I suspect the old forum closed purely because of the reasons stated by Delaroy-I doubt it was closed by third party pressure (not too sure,for instance,that it would have been in Gadsby's interests to close it down).

Probably not direct presure, Ramblur (as you say I can't imagine why anyone would want it closed as such), but I imagine that an executive decision was taken in light of the potential risk. Which is fair enough, albeit disappointing for those of us who behaved. I didn't see the apology yesterday, was it from the same poster as made the original comments a few weeks back?

P.S. Welcome, fellow refugee!

Probably not direct presure, Ramblur (as you say I can't imagine why anyone would want it closed as such), but I imagine that an executive decision was taken in light of the potential risk. Which is fair enough, albeit disappointing for those of us who behaved. I didn't see the apology yesterday, was it from the same poster as made the original comments a few weeks back?

Ay up mi owd... lovely to be sharing cyberspace with you again.

Now... who's starting the religion thread, you or me? ;-)

Hi Hartley-it was Mark Andrews.What surprised me was the time lag between the comments and the action-could be where the "time and expense" element came in.

I suspect the mods/admins here may start getting nervous about the new influx!You'll have no problems with me,guys.If I state something as fact,I'll be able to back it up with a reference,and any opinion will be stated as such,hopefully with good reasoning.

Hi Hartley-it was Mark Andrews.What surprised me was the time lag between the comments and the action-could be where the "time and expense" element came in.

I suspect the mods/admins here may start getting nervous about the new influx!You'll have no problems with me,guys.If I state something as fact,I'll be able to back it up with a reference,and any opinion will be stated as such,hopefully with good reasoning.

Ah Ramblur, you're here too! Happy days!

Not nervous, more surprised that the DET has shut down if anything. Just have to wait and see what happens I guess and start looking through the Yellow pages for a decent solicitor on standby.

Hello! I'm Jonny, where do I even begin? I've always been bad at starting things, whether it be conversations, forum posts or, well, anything that needs starting really! I've been lurking here for a while, and pondering whether I should post here or not. I have finally managed to calm the gale that is raging in my head, and decided that yes why not post indeed. I can't really lose much, can I?

Thought it was Mark. Shame. Agree re the time lag, I know the mods could be very quick to ban someone if necessary, but closing the forum is a big step further, more deliberation before action.

P.S. I'd be willing to give Ramblur a character reference if needed :D

Archived