If not Rosenior, who?

Day

So, it's Warne. Personally my choice was, especially looking at the last 60 minutes against Wycombe, Liam. For the first time this season we finally saw the players going forward with urgency, with purpose, with speed, being adventurous, taking risks. This led to 26 shots in that hour. That play was exactly what Liam had said in several interviews he wanted the team to do. That he'd been saying that all season to the players has been confirmed by Sibley and others in interviews. Just as he gets what he wanted from the players, he's moved aside. I feel for him.

Like any incoming, be that a player, coach or manager, it's a gamble. Liam put together, in next to no time, a squad designed to play the "Rosenior Way". It remains to be seen if they can quickly get used to the variations Warne wants them to play. It might be that they can't. We have to wait and see.

I hope it works and that we go on a run of unbeaten games ending up with promotion in May.

As ever, I support DCFC, David Clowes and Warne, in that order. Happy that Liam will still be part of the coaching staff, if he wants to stay. If he decides to go, I would understand perfectly. 

Basically, the King is dead, long live the King.

If you had a blank slate with no one at the helm and were thinking, in this situation who would be the best realistic manager for Derby, I don't think you would pick a rookie manager such as Liam Rosenior out of everyone available. But you might pick Paul Warne. 

Then, if you were depressed by Derby's weird way of playing over the last 2-3 seasons, insisting on inviting a press and playing across the defence at every opportunity, always trying and often failing to thread the ball between marauding attackers, and you knew Rosenior had been coaching this way of playing, you definitely wouldn't want him.

As the dust settles I'm feeling positive and hopeful that we've probably found a better way forward, that will mean more exciting and less nerve-shredding football.

3 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

If you had a blank slate with no one at the helm and were thinking, in this situation who would be the best realistic manager for Derby, I don't think you would pick a rookie manager such as Liam Rosenior out of everyone available. But you might pick Paul Warne. 

Then, if you were depressed by Derby's weird way of playing over the last 2-3 seasons, insisting on inviting a press and playing across the defence at every opportunity, always trying and often failing to thread the ball between marauding attackers, and you knew Rosenior had been coaching this way of playing, you definitely wouldn't want him.

As the dust settles I'm feeling positive and hopeful that we've probably found a better way forward, that will mean more exciting and less nerve-shredding football.

Can't really argue with that.  LR's team were a work in progress and DC probably can't afford to sit back and wait while LR learns on the job.