The Alan Hinton Personal Collection

loweman2

On 02/08/2022 at 11:33, loweman2 said:

Derby County: Green; Webster, Robson; Durban, McFarland, Mackay; McGovern, Carlin, O'Hare, Hector, Hinton.

Manchester United: Stepney; Edwards, Dunne; Crerand, Ure, Sadler; Morgan (Stiles, 57), Law (Fitzpatrick, 25), Charlton, Kidd, Best.

Loved that Derby team - and even more after Todd joined - but it’s testament to Clough’s brilliance that they humbled that ManU line up. 

On 31/07/2022 at 21:14, IslandExile said:

Being exiled from Derby, my son has grown up as a Southampton fan (despite my best efforts). I don't mind him supporting the local team, especially now that we no longer live in Wakefield ?

Anyhow, my point is that we recently went on a stadium tour at St. Mary's and every corridor, every big money restaurant/viewing area (they're moving away from exec boxes) is adorned with history, memorabilia, shirts, player caps, photographs, trophies, documents, exchanged pennants and the like.

A Derby County museum within the ground would be great but, if a dedicated room/area isn't possible, then just have displays throughout.

The Baggies have great memorabilia as you go to meetings at the Hawthorns.

Although I support the Rams I was surprised and proud of WBA's history as I live near their ground.

Anything that enhances the local area can only be a good thing IMHO.