Bad news

B4ev6is

10 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

On a healed scar on the back of my leg... felt like a really tiny scab... pick, pick, pick... Finally got it twixt fingernails, and pulled... I honestly thought it was a worm or some kind of flesh-eating Australian grub thing!  ?

...Turned out it was a 40mm long nylon stitch... 11 years after they were put in!  ?

#self-dissolving my arse!  

And now for your next trick. 

On 04/08/2022 at 16:31, David said:

With broken toes there isn’t a lot doctors can do other than give you a boot or maybe strap it to another toe.

It’s one of those annoying little injuries like a broken rib that just takes time to heal so just try not to be on your feet all day. 

Can’t imagine the swelling will be there for a year, unless you keep aggravating it.

I broke my collarbone in March and it's just getting right now and it's still at a weird angle.

The missus broke her little toe a couple of years ago after dropping a pan on it.

I thought it was hilarious at first but when I realised how much pain she was in I insisted we went to the ER against her wishes saying they couldn't do anything.

She (and you) were right. All l they did was x-ray it to confirm it was broken and then put a bit of padding round it and sent her home. 

We, er I mean she, didn't get any oxycontin, just ibuprofen. 

12 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

On a healed scar on the back of my leg... felt like a really tiny scab... pick, pick, pick... Finally got it twixt fingernails, and pulled... I honestly thought it was a worm or some kind of flesh-eating Australian grub thing!  ?

...Turned out it was a 40mm long nylon stitch... 11 years after they were put in!  ?

#self-dissolving my arse!  

Yeah its a bit like that, sticks through the scar. Scabs over and heals, then breaks through again about a month later. Surgeon put me on a waiting list to have it taken out, his words were-if it goes green or smells of death then start to worry. Excellent... ?

9 minutes ago, bimmerman said:

Yeah its a bit like that, sticks through the scar. Scabs over and heals, then breaks through again about a month later. Surgeon put me on a waiting list to have it taken out, his words were-if it goes green or smells of death then start to worry. Excellent... ?

I just laughed.
I really shouldn't have.
I am a bad man.
Oh well, too late now!

fingers crossed, eh!

?

On 09/08/2022 at 10:21, Bob The Badger said:

I broke my collarbone in March and it's just getting right now and it's still at a weird angle.

The missus broke her little toe a couple of years ago after dropping a pan on it.

I thought it was hilarious at first but when I realised how much pain she was in I insisted we went to the ER against her wishes saying they couldn't do anything.

She (and you) were right. All l they did was x-ray it to confirm it was broken and then put a bit of padding round it and sent her home. 

We, er I mean she, didn't get any oxycontin, just ibuprofen. 

Well when a and e doctorie said need op to get bits out that broken off and give me spaical boot thing and bone doctorie said we decide that not them. Sent me on my way but at least gp gave tablets get swelling down and at as pain relief250mg strong. I suppose to take 1 tablet 3 times a day but starting to run out and currently on holiday but I am trying rasin them out to make them stretch. But hospital did leave 6 month open appointment but I felt like says thanks a lot for nrothing. 4 weeks sick note.