Grimsby tickets

Nishfan

Morning, have the Papa John’s tickets 30th August at home v Grimsby gone on sale yet?

If not, any idea when they will be 

Couldn’t see it on another thread although some do seem rather to be miscellaneous……..

never thought I’d be so excited about a trophy I’ve barely heard of 

51 minutes ago, Nishfan said:

Morning, have the Papa John’s tickets 30th August at home v Grimsby gone on sale yet?

If not, any idea when they will be 

Couldn’t see it on another thread although some do seem rather to be miscellaneous……..

never thought I’d be so excited about a trophy I’ve barely heard of 

Three other games to go on sale before that one including the Peterborough home game so probably a couple of weeks away.

Seeing the question asked about tickets for the game against Grimsby. It made my wonder how many tickets will need to be sold for our papa john games not to be a financial loss?

While winning any cup is nice, how much of the gate money generated by our fans do we keep, is it like the FA Cup where it's split three ways?

Does it mean two out of every three tickets sold, the money will be going to another club and more annoyingly into the pockets of the EFL?

Edited by 1of4

8 hours ago, 1of4 said:

Seeing the question asked about tickets for the game against Grimsby. It made my wonder how many tickets will need to be sold for our papa john games not to be a financial loss?

While winning any cup is nice, how much of the gate money generated by our fans do we keep, is it like the FA Cup where it's split three ways?

Does it mean two out of every three tickets sold, the money will be going to another club and more annoyingly into the pockets of the EFL?

From what I can see, in the group stages, clubs just get £20,000 for playing the game plus an extra amount if they win or draw (the amounts go up for later rounds). The gate receipts, after expenses goes into a pool presumably to cover the taking part winning and drawing payments.

In the later rounds they get an equal share of the gate receipts which is again reduced in order to pay some into the pool fund.

26.3  Subject to Rule 26.4, for all Matches the Net Proceeds shall be allocated as follows: 26.3.1 45 per cent to each Club;

26.3.2  10 per cent to the Pool Account (and not, the Competition Pool).

26.4  The share payable to any Invited Club in accordance with Rule 26.3 will be reduced as follows:

26.4.1  for Matches in the Group Stage, to zero (with the full share of 45 per cent payable to the Competition Pool);

26.4.2  for Matches in the Round of 32 and up to and including the quarter finals, to 25 per cent (with the remaining 20 per cent payable to the Competition Pool); and

26.4.3  for matches in the Semi-Finals and Final, to 30 per cent (with the remaining 15 per cent payable to the Competition Pool).

26.5  Each Home Club shall send the appropriate share of the gate to the Visiting Club and to the League together with a statement of the gate within ten days of the Match in accordance with the Regulations.

Edited by Tamworthram