Celebrities who advertise

dog

1 minute ago, dog said:

Phillip Scofield can do one. Every time I hear him advertising 'We Buy Any Car' I get VERY cross, and I'm a pathetically easy going individual.

That company is just there to string along the desperate - and surely Schofield doesn't need the cash

That would have been my initial opinion of the company but, my father in law has just sold his car through them. Short of trying to sell it privately, which is something we didn’t relish, we couldn’t find a better price anywhere (he wasn’t part exchanging) and was pleasantly surprised with their offer. OK, you have to accept they’ll knock a bit off their online valuation but only £500 (on a car worth £28k) in his case.

On 07/04/2022 at 17:22, Tamworthram said:

That would have been my initial opinion of the company but, my father in law has just sold his car through them. Short of trying to sell it privately, which is something we didn’t relish, we couldn’t find a better price anywhere (he wasn’t part exchanging) and was pleasantly surprised with their offer. OK, you have to accept they’ll knock a bit off their online valuation but only £500 (on a car worth £28k) in his case.

I got a quote from them for 400 quid for my old 2006 A3. Saw they were going for up to 1k online, so gave  ebay a go. Sold it easily for £760.

I'm still getting emails from webuyanycar now though. I had to "hurry" as my original quote was about to expire. Then they came back with a new quote of £500. That expired and it was then £700 quote. Same again and it's £760 now! 

Audi A3s seem to be rocketing in price over the last month!

I think all second hand car prices are going up. Bought my Mercedes B Class 12 months ago and Webuyanycar are offering the same I paid for it (£24k). I know they'd knock me down a bit but I only looked out of interest. No intention of selling it.

I guess the other thing is, I'm too cautious to consider selling a car of that value on something like ebay.

Edited by Tamworthram

Webuyanycar are absolute merchants. They'll give you a quote online then when you go to take your car to their depot they'll get a number of their staff to pour over your cars bodywork with a scanning electron microscope to uncover any minuscule damage on your bodywork them systematically deduct every minor flaw from the price they originally offered

2 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Webuyanycar are absolute merchants. They'll give you a quote online then when you go to take your car to their depot they'll get a number of their staff to pour over your cars bodywork with a scanning electron microscope to uncover any minuscule damage on your bodywork them systematically deduct every minor flaw from the price they originally offered

Tbf, the online valuations are a bit unrealistic, that’s how they real you in.