March on Parliament

Allestree Ram

4 minutes ago, angieram said:

No matter how many pink seats at Middlesbrough,  they'll announce the attendance as about 29,000. They always do.

They forget we know what 29, 000 looks like in a ground that shape.

They've only been above 20,000 for 3 of the last 6 games. This is a side who're on the verge of the playoffs, having lost just once since the end of November.

49 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

They've only been above 20,000 for 3 of the last 6 games. This is a side who're on the verge of the playoffs, having lost just once since the end of November.

They are all Man Utd fans really, glory hunters who have at least two teams to watch with their red, white and black scarves.

They didn't know who to cheer on the other night in the FA Cup. The little lad left in the hotel probably asked his Dad when they could go and watch Sunderland again..................

2 hours ago, angieram said:

No matter how many pink seats at Middlesbrough,  they'll announce the attendance as about 29,000. They always do.

They forget we know what 29, 000 looks like in a ground that shape.

The commentary on the Man Utd cup match described Boro as a big club with regular 30,000 home attendances. Yet another example of commentators rhetoric bearing no resemblance to fact. I would guess that probably half of the 9000 at Old Trafford haven't been to a home game this season

12 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

You had a season ticket when you were 3 years old.

Fair play didn't know they had creches at the BBG then.

My grandaughter had one early as well, but she is 13 now and says she has got other things to do on a saturday now( don't know what.?) . So hav'nt managed to brainwash her yet, though she did go on the march and to the match.??

On 05/02/2022 at 23:44, Ken Tram said:

A slight variation which requires fewer people than a protest march ...

If you create a handwritten petition to the Prime Minister, even with only one signature on it, your MP can arrange for you to hand deliver it to 10 Downing Street.

(If the rules haven't changed.)

There's also a holding pen opposite Downing Street that protest groups seem to be able to "book" to wave flags and chant and use megaphones and whatever.

So, that might be an option for a few hundred people to protest (near parliament) with a photo op at 10 Downing Street.

Then everyone could head to parliament and lobby their MPs in central lobby.

I was interested to know, so I emailed Downing Street, and they gave me a number for the Downing Street Policing Liaison Unit ...

So, it seems that it is possible to book the space opposite Downing Street for protests!

Not as interesting as a march, of course!

On 06/02/2022 at 09:10, Ghost of Clough said:

They have a very poor take up of the kids for a quid offer. Most are just left in hotels instead