Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

Squad for tomorrow.

Masood in for Wood I reckon, who has understandably looked rusty in the first 2 games. 

Id also look at McKiernan batting ahead of Dal, depending on the game situation. If there’s been a flurry of wickets Dal is the man to steady the ship, otherwise McKiernan is a better one day batsman for me.

8DA84EB1-E2D2-4FCE-B0F6-E15DFAAE58C5.jpeg

Edited by jimbo jones

4 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Squad for tomorrow.

Masood in for Wood I reckon, who has understandably looked rusty in the first 2 games. 

Id also look at McKiernan batting ahead of Dal, depending on the game situation. If there’s been a flurry of wickets Dal is the man to steady the ship, otherwise McKiernan is a better one day batsman for me.

8DA84EB1-E2D2-4FCE-B0F6-E15DFAAE58C5.jpeg

Masood for Wood or Came…

8 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

221-4 off of 50 overs for Lancashire. Didn’t look like a batting paradise, but that’s not a high score.

It's a really weird score isn't it? I mean to be only 4 down getting 221??? Not been able to watch, any idea why the scoreline?

Very big unbroken 5th wicket partnership but they never really took on the bowlers and went big, just seemed happy to plod along. Some very economical bowling figures.

Have a feeling it might be a tricky pitch to bat on but sensible cricket should see us reach such a low score you would have thought/hope.

13 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Very big unbroken 5th wicket partnership but they never really took on the bowlers and went big, just seemed happy to plod along. Some very economical bowling figures.

Have a feeling it might be a tricky pitch to bat on but sensible cricket should see us reach such a low score you would have thought/hope.

It’s hard to judge, they waiting until 4 overs left to really have a go, and did start to find the boundary. With wickets in hand they could have gone far earlier I felt. 

Batting second we have the advantage of knowing what we need to get, which could be key as long as we don’t get skittles out for 109...

19 minutes ago, Mihangel said:

It's a really weird score isn't it? I mean to be only 4 down getting 221??? Not been able to watch, any idea why the scoreline?

Im not really sure. When the batsmen hit the ball high in the air and it landed on the outfield it seemed to plug rather than roll on. Other than that, Lancashire just seemed reluctant to go on the attack until the very end. At least one of the set batsmen should have gone on the attack far earlier in my opinion.

21 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Yes, his place must be in doubt with Wood coming in and Masood as captain. Shame we didn’t quite perform today….

A decision for Mickey to make. I think it might me same again for the next one.

It just needed someone to stay with Masood, but unfortunately every time someone looked to be building a partnership they got out. The one that was most disappointing was Reece, he was looking good then sent one straight up in the air, got away with it only to do it again the next ball and get out ?‍♂️

We can bin Masood at 3, get him opening where he should be and drop Godleman down the order and see if he fares any better. If not, bring in Wood.

Hampshire next up on Friday (I think) who look a strong team. 

4 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

A decision for Mickey to make. I think it might me same again for the next one.

It just needed someone to stay with Masood, but unfortunately every time someone looked to be building a partnership they got out. The one that was most disappointing was Reece, he was looking good then sent one straight up in the air, got away with it only to do it again the next ball and get out ?‍♂️

We can bin Masood at 3, get him opening where he should be and drop Godleman down the order and see if he fares any better. If not, bring in Wood.

Hampshire next up on Friday (I think) who look a strong team. 

Got best part of 400 today….no problem ??

Noticed Mark Watt is playing for Scotland today, and they have a couple more games this week. Not seen anything about him missing games for us, so no idea how that's being prioritised ?‍♂️

Conners made his debut for the Lions yesterday, no wickets and went at over 5 an over.