Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

11 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Not to sound like a broken record, but…👀 Shaw didn’t get any runs but Chahal is the big difference in this game…while our only overseas players is currently playing for the seconds 🤦‍♂️

Andersson looks quite decent, one positive 👍

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Andersson looks quite decent, one positive 👍

Yeah it will be interesting to see if we can get Andersson and Dal both in the team next season. With Chappell and Moore as the opening bowlers and Reece if we need him that’s plenty for the seam attack. Get an overseas spinner in along with a top order batter and they’ll have me all optimistic again 👀

25 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Yeah it will be interesting to see if we can get Andersson and Dal both in the team next season. With Chappell and Moore as the opening bowlers and Reece if we need him that’s plenty for the seam attack. Get an overseas spinner in along with a top order batter and they’ll have me all optimistic again 👀

That lasted a matter of weeks this season for me 🤣

37 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

26-2 at lunch 

Came and Guest gone, Chahal with a wicket in his first over. If Reece and Madsen don’t put on a big partnership I reckon this one is over by tea if it doesn’t rain.

Aim to try and take it to the final day 😊

9 minutes ago, Magicman said:

So reflections this year  3 key changes needed .

Replace Mickey Arthur 

Replace Came 

Replace Lloyd 

Arthur wont be going anywhere until then end of next season.

I would like an overseas opener. I do think Came is a decent all formats squad player but we need some real quality at the top.

It’s not been a good season for Lloyd, there's been persistent rumour that we are trying to sign Northants captain Luke Procter which I think would be a good move.

Edited by jimbo jones

Northants have prepared a used pitch here that turned on day one, with an international spinner and a good county spinner. Unfortunately, we’ve only had Wayne Madsen with the class to deal with it apart from the absolute beauty he got from Chahal in the first innings.

5 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Got to feel for Madsen. Lloyd and Donald need to step up for me as they never seem to achieve anything. Oh well. Nothing we didn’t know and at least Moore finally got a game. 

I would give the youngsters a chance for the rest of the season. They are our future, not the likes of Lloyd.

44 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Got to feel for Madsen. Lloyd and Donald need to step up for me as they never seem to achieve anything. Oh well. Nothing we didn’t know and at least Moore finally got a game. 

Donald is frustrating at the moment. He looked good in both innings but got out slapping a short and wide ball straight to a fielder, then second innings followed a ball going down leg side and tickled it into the keepers gloves. He's got to turn these 20’s in to something more substantial. I think you stick with him for a while and hope it clicks.

As for Lloyd, if he wasn't the captain and we had more options I'm not sure he’d be in the team.

Edited by jimbo jones

39 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I would give the youngsters a chance for the rest of the season. They are our future, not the likes of Lloyd.

I assume Andersson can't play against Middlesex so that opens up a spot.

I wonder who captains the team if Lloyd is dropped (presumably for Bin Naeem) as there isn't much in the way of obvious options. Guest maybe, but I think keeping and batting at 3 is already asking too much before putting the captaincy on him. Maybe he could captain and drop down the order.

5 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

I assume Andersson can't play against Middlesex so that opens up a spot.

I wonder who captains the team if Lloyd is dropped (presumably for Bin Naeem) as there isn't much in the way of obvious options. Guest maybe, but I think keeping and batting at 3 is already asking too much before putting the captaincy on him. Maybe he could captain and drop down the order.

Not that we have options (Donald) but is Guest worthy of his spot currently?

1 minute ago, rammieib said:

Not that we have options (Donald) but is Guest worthy of his spot currently?

As a wicket keeper batsman, absolutely. He’s excellent behind the stumps and averages 32 with the bat which is good for a keeper

Asking him to bat at 3 is asking too much, i’d be interested to know if any other keepers are batting that high in the championship…i might have to go down that rabbit hole and find out 👀😂

I've had a look and only one wicketkeeper bats as high as Guest. Gareth Roderick at Worcestershire who either opens or bats at 3, he's averaging 30 this season.

The other 16 keepers playing in this round of championship games batted between 5 and 7. Six at 5, three at 6, and seven at 7.  I will die on the hill of Guest should be batting between 5 and 7 😂

The only two batsmen with an average over 40 are Madsen and Lamb, not sure where Lamb is. The rest are poor with Lloyd only averaging 23.

Bowling wise only Chappell has an acceptable average of 30 this season.

Moore looks promising, hope some more youngsters can come through, need a few new decent players for next season or we will finish bottom again. ☹️

This is the worst Derbyshire team in decades.

1 minute ago, We'll be back in 81 said:

The only two batsmen with an average over 40 are Madsen and Lamb, not sure where Lamb is. The rest are poor with Lloyd only averaging 23.

Bowling wise only Chappell has an acceptable average of 30 this season.

Moore looks promising, hope some more youngsters can come through, need a few new decent players for next season or we will finish bottom again. ☹️

This is the worst Derbyshire team in decades.

Lamb is injured, he’s also probably been our worst batsmen apart from a double hundred that came from nowhere and massively boosted his average.

The overseas recruitment is what has badly let us down this season. Northants had 2 Indian international players in their team, while we had nothing. That's a huge disadvantage.