Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

43 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Century for Luis Reece. A hundred partnership between Reece and Madsen, then a 50 partnership between Reece and Lamb. Donald now in with Reece.

240-4, still 193 behind. 

Now a 50 partnership for Reece and Donald. Batted pretty well today with Reece leading the charge.

28 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Looking like a draw but if we can push on and get 100 lead who knows. One observation, is Lloyd an opening batsman in the 4 day game? He seems to go in and play as if it is a 50 over game, 20/20 even…..hits a quick 20 and gets out 🤔

Nope I don’t think Lloyd is an opener, and still believe Came was dropped to early. Even then Wagstaff should be next man up.

3 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

We aren’t very good are we. We would be lucky to get 200 in the 4th innings. As always, early season optimism just fades away as it becomes apparent that yet again avoiding the wooden spoon is the limit of our ambition. 
*reverse psychology - bound to work 

We seem to be completely incapable of putting a consistent performance in over 4 days….for one whole day would be a start to be honest.

We’ve been good for large parts of this game but the last session on Day 1 and and the first session this morning weren’t just bad, they were disastrous.

7 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

We seem to be completely incapable of putting a consistent performance in over 4 days….for one whole day would be a start to be honest.

We’ve been good for large parts of this game but the last session on Day 1 and and the first session this morning weren’t just bad, they were disastrous.

Agreed. We were awful with both bat and ball this morning, totally wasted the new ball. How often do we do that. I think Masood’s runs camouflaged the problems we had even during Arthur’s first season. I would like to see Madders given a chance to run the club.

7 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Agreed. We were awful with both bat and ball this morning, totally wasted the new ball. How often do we do that. I think Masood’s runs camouflaged the problems we had even during Arthur’s first season. I would like to see Madders given a chance to run the club.

I’ve heard whispers that Arthur isn’t particularly well liked, but they come from a section of the fanbase that certainly don’t like him, so…