Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

Not to be. In the end the 111 was too much to come back from.

I'm pleased we put up a fight, it wasn't long ago we were the poster club for kicking a few team's out of first class cricket, I had a horrible feeling we were heading back there at 17-4, in the end the BBC live reports and 5 live were all over our “exciting” game yesterday evening and this morning. 

I just hope we can get a couple of wins this season, hopes of promotion contenders were premature. Hopefully we can keep building, if Mickey Arthur is still committed to the cause.

Edited by jimbo jones

On 09/06/2023 at 17:19, jimbo jones said:

The seconds have reached finals day of the second XI T20 competition. Will play one of Yorkshire, Glamorgan, or Hampshire in the semi final.

Thrashed Yorkshire in the semi final, thanks to 72 from well renowned seconds player....

*checks notes*

Leus du Plooy 👀🤣

Don't know if he wanted a game because his form has been patchy in T20 or just to take some frustration out on the Yorkies. He actually looked scratchy to start with, Came (41) looked better, once he got going it was game over in no time.

There's a stream on the club website for the final.

12 minutes ago, Magicman said:

Has Billy left the club otherwise thought he would be playing today 

He’s not played in any of the seconds games, I don't think he ever does. He goes and plays club cricket.

I expect he will play in (and probably captain) the one day cup team when du plooy goes and play in the hundred.

10 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

He’s not played in any of the seconds games, I don't think he ever does. He goes and plays club cricket.

I expect he will play in (and probably captain) the one day cup team when du plooy goes and play in the hundred.

Seems odd to not play for his club 

9 minutes ago, Magicman said:

Seems odd to not play for his club 

If he’s so far down the pecking order he has no chance of getting a T20 game, it makes sense and something that happens quite a bit. Some players like playing some club cricket, Matt Critchley and Ben Slater used to play for Chesterfield on occasion.

Had a look, he’s playing for a team in the Liverpool league.

1 hour ago, jimbo jones said:

Big fall out apparently, Peakfan doesn’t think he will play for the club again…

Final against Glamorgan just started.

One thing I forgot to mention, Lamb played in the semi final and looked really uncomfortable every ball gr faced and every time he had to run. He's not playing in the final, looks to me like his back injury is still a problem.