Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

15 hours ago, Henrycav81 said:

It was bloody cold down there this afternoon hopefully it’ll be a bit warmer tomorrow 

Hard to judge how the game is standing as batting looked tricky 

Think the problem is last season Masood almost guaranteed we got off to a flyer and others batted around him. Ali is no substitute by the looks of it and our other big guns are not really firing. A bit worrying really. I switched on to the stream to see first ball Guest’s stumps flying out of the ground. Maybe he needs a chance lower down the order?

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Think the problem is last season Masood almost guaranteed we got off to a flyer and others batted around him. Ali is no substitute by the looks of it and our other big guns are not really firing. A bit worrying really. I switched on to the stream to see first ball Guest’s stumps flying out of the ground. Maybe he needs a chance lower down the order?

I didn't start watching until the afternoon session, so not sure what the new ball was doing, but these are very different conditions to be batting in than last year's batters paradise. It's certainly been more of a struggle, particularly Haider and Guest.

Du Plooy, Madsen, Reece and Came all have very good averages so far, but no century is definitely telling, someone needs to go on and get a big match-defining score, no matter what the conditions are.

40 minutes ago, sage said:

Absolute shambles. Letting them put on over 100 runs for thr 9th wicket then collapse to 14 for 3 

New coach, same Derbyshire 

It's not an easy watch, but the beer helps.

1 hour ago, sage said:

Absolute shambles. Letting them put on over 100 runs for thr 9th wicket then collapse to 14 for 3 

New coach, same Derbyshire 

Seems like every new ball has brought wickets, except the one Derbyshire bowled at Gloucestershire’s lower order, which is becoming a common theme.

du Plooy and Guest have almost seen off any danger of losing the game, but I think we are going to be bottom of the table after this opening block of games, which is really disappointing.

Having said that....

Edited by jimbo jones

Still toughing it out. Beer gone. Was confident that Wagstaff was not out just now, but the Gloucestershire fielders thought otherwise. Luckily, the umpires agreed with me. What did it look like on the feed? Some intimidation now - not nice.

Edited by Eddie

8 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Still toughing it out. Beer gone. Was confident that Wagstaff was not out just now, but the Gloucestershire fielders thought otherwise. Luckily, the umpires agreed with me. What did it look like on the feed? Some intimidation now - not nice.

Gloucestershire commentator convinced, I wasn't, seen the replay a few times, looks like an edge.

1 hour ago, jimbo jones said:

Seems like every new ball has brought wickets, except the one Derbyshire bowled at Gloucestershire’s lower order, which is becoming a common theme.

du Plooy and Guest have almost seen off any danger of losing the game, but I think we are going to be bottom of the table after this opening block of games, which is really disappointing.

Having said that....

I'll correct myself. A draw takes us above Yorkshire, who will be bottom...

Silver linings and all that.

Hands are shaken and it's a draw. Another unbeaten half century for du Plooy who is probably batting as well as he has ever done, since becoming captain.

Lots for Mickey Arthur to think about to get this team looking like it can win some games, but first its time for some pyjama cricket.

1 hour ago, jimbo jones said:

Hands are shaken and it's a draw. Another unbeaten half century for du Plooy who is probably batting as well as he has ever done, since becoming captain.

Lots for Mickey Arthur to think about to get this team looking like it can win some games, but first its time for some pyjama cricket.

Without the weather intervention another game we would have probably lost. Very disappointing.