Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

13 minutes ago, Anon said:

Is he definitely injured? This isn't the same kind of cope as last season where we all convinced ourselves that Lakmal's lack of impact was due solely to injuries?

I do agree that if he is injured we're being very unfair to keep throwing him in the team.

He has bulging discs in his back. I know your supposed to stay active, but I’m not sure standing on a cricket field all day is doing it any good. 

if it wasn’t still a problem he would have bowled yesterday.

Lakmal is 10 years older than Lamb and probably about to retire.

Edited by jimbo jones

26 minutes ago, Magicman said:

Lamb & Wood well below county level proven this year.

Lamb averages 30 in first class cricket from 46 games with 3 centuries and 9 50’s. That’s respectable, and has gone down as he’s averaging 20 this season where he’s been blighted by a back injury. He’s doesn’t belong in the same category as Wood.

du Plooy averaged 18 playing every game in 2021, but he’d scored runs before, just as Lamb has.

Wood unfortunately has had one big innings in every format but has never done it again.

49 minutes ago, Henrycav81 said:

It’s very much a 2nd string England squad for the Ireland series, not sure he’s got 10 overs in him

It still counts 👀🤣

He’s played 4 list A games in his career. A part of the hundred that seems overlooked as the best white ball players aren’t playing that format. When the England ODI team is awful because it’s full of players who don’t know how to play the format, there will probably be some expensive reports commissioned to work out the problem….

4 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

It still counts 👀🤣

He’s played 4 list A games in his career. A part of the hundred that seems overlooked as the best white ball players aren’t playing that format. When the England ODI team is awful because it’s full of players who don’t know how to play the format, there will probably be some expensive reports commissioned to work out the problem….

I’ve been saying for a while all England supporters will be moaning in 5 years time when we’re useless at 50 over cricket 

Pat Brown has arrived on loan for the last 3 games ahead of his permanent move.

He will come in for Scrimshaw who won’t be available for the final 2 games now anyway.

Gives the last 3 games some interest. Brown is similar to Scrimshaw in that he’s made his name with the white ball, but seen next to no opportunity with a red ball.

Other interesting news yesterday, Samit Patel is officially leaving Notts. One to keep a eye on.

7 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Pat Brown has arrived on loan for the last 3 games ahead of his permanent move.

He will come in for Scrimshaw who won’t be available for the final 2 games now anyway.

Gives the last 3 games some interest. Brown is similar to Scrimshaw in that he’s made his name with the white ball, but seen next to no opportunity with a red ball.

Other interesting news yesterday, Samit Patel is officially leaving Notts. One to keep a eye on.

We have signed him

37 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

We aren’t very good are we.

One day we might win a game.

No, that's why we haven't won a game in over a year.

Conners is bowling better with the new ball than I've probably ever seen him, but he can't get a wicket. Reece and Dal bowled well when the ball was moving a bit.

Having them at 169-4 we were in a good position. Whether it's the ball getting old and soft I don't know, but we then have had a session of depressing help yourself stuff for the Gloucestershire batsmen.

We so badly miss a quality veteran county bowler that can make the new ball do things and then has the nous to get wickets with the old ball - a Joe Leach/Chris Rushworth/Ben Raine type.

Edited by jimbo jones

Now it's Conners with the diving caught and bowled.

He deserves that, I think he’s bowled well, beaten the edge a lot. 22 overs with an economy of 3.48 is good to see when his biggest problem has always been leaking runs. This follows economy rates of 3.39 and 3.58 against Yorkshire. That’s the consistentcy I've wanted to see from him, keep doing that and the wickets will come as well.