Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

14 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Conners and Harrison in for Wood and Thompson. Lost the toss again and are batting first. Don’t know much about Archie, is he a bowler or all rounder? Feel a bit sorry for Wagstaff, hope he gets a game before too long….

Think Harrison is a middle order batsmen, who bowls a bit. Wagstaff probably a bit unfortunate that he’s an opener like the rest of the batting line up.

9 minutes ago, sage said:

Another painfully slow start . 20 off the first 7

Harry Came started nicely (again) I thought, but gets out flashing at a wide one (again) probably not helped by the fact Reece isn’t scoring any runs ?‍♂️

Edited by jimbo jones

11 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Harry Came started nicely (again) I thought, but gets out flashing at a wide one (again) probably not helped by the fact Reece isn’t scoring any runs ?‍♂️

A slow partner puts you under pressure. 

He needed to play a square drive not a cover drive

33 minutes ago, taggy180 said:

Hopefully Reece turns one of these numerous starts he's had this season into a big one. Certainly due one

The things is, we don't have middle order big hitters to capitalise from a steady start. we nee to score throughout.   

Edited by sage

The innings fizzled out a bit, then Potts comes out for the last ball and hits a 6, he will be after a promotion up the order ?

I was hoping for 320, so a bit short. Slight concern, in the only other one day game at New Road this season, Worcestershire scored 351 batting first and Kent knocked them off in 44.5 overs ?

Early and then regular wickets the key...as they ways are really.