Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Not necessarily, might get someone in from one of the bigger clubs who is not getting much of a game, someone with a bit more experience. If not give Came a go but I am not sure about him from what I have seen so far....can't comment on Wagstaff.....

I can’t think of any openers that might be available. Tom Kohler-Cadmore doesn’t seem to get a look for Yorkshire in the red ball stuff. He’s not an opener but could bat 3 or 6, and just ask Guest to open as he basically does already ?

* I wouldn’t actually move Guest

42 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

I can’t think of any openers that might be available. Tom Kohler-Cadmore doesn’t seem to get a look for Yorkshire in the red ball stuff. He’s not an opener but could bat 3 or 6, and just ask Guest to open as he basically does already ?

* I wouldn’t actually move Guest

He's off to Somerset so they would want first chance I would imagine.....

28 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

I’m falling back in love with DCCC. ?

You kind of know how things are going to go with the state of these cricket balls. The first 30 overs is where wickets  will fall, then the ball goes soft and the batsman shouldn’t get out if they don’t do anything stupid.

So, your openers are quite important ? Guest showed how to play it in my opinion, just stay in and score at a snails pace and then speed up a bit when the ball gets soft.

Edited by jimbo jones

Need to get our innings done and dusted tonight at the latest with a decent lead to give our bowlers a chance. Based on the Sussex game, a 450 lead should be enough!

Good time for ‘Hoss’ to show us what he can do maybe later this afternoon, although a new ball is due anytime!

Edited by Grumpy Git

10 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

Need to get our innings done and dusted tonight at the latest with a decent lead to give our bowlers a chance. Based on the Sussex game, a 450 lead should be enough!

Good time for ‘Hoss’ to show us what he can do maybe later this afternoon, although a new ball is due anytime!

In all seriousness, it probably does need to be 400. Don’t foresee any day 4 demons in this pitch either...

5 hours ago, Grumpy Git said:

du Plooy really has been a great player this season.

Indeed.

A year ago, people were questioning his place in the side (wasn't it 8 ducks?). I'd like to think that Godleman will come good again. The shorter version of the game destroyed him last year, but now he cannot buy a score in any the longer version.

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

Indeed.

A year ago, people were questioning his place in the side (wasn't it 8 ducks?). I'd like to think that Godleman will come good again. The shorter version of the game destroyed him last year, but now he cannot buy a score in any the longer version.

Believe it was a century in the first one day cup game last year which saw a bit of a return to form. Ideally we don’t have to wait that long but historically that’s been his strongest format, averaging in the mid 40’s.

Nothing worse than watching a player struggle as badly as Billy is. I don't think there's much chance he actually gets dropped, so hopefully a century against Notts next week ??