David 'ecstatic' on BBC Radio 5 Live 606 phone-in show on Saturday

Ram Logan Josh

Was out all day on Saturday but managed to catch the last 10 minutes of the 606 phone-in on BBC Radio 5 Live, hosted by a certain Robbie Savage and Chis Sutton.

The very last caller (and hence unchallenged) was a Derby fan called David who was 'ecstatic' about the news.  Hope it wasn't you, @David!

He claimed 'we', the Derby fans were, 'ecstatic' the situation was now resolved and there was now a clear route to future success. I'm certainly not ecstatic.

This guy seemed to think a minimum 12-point penalty was a mere trifle we could easily overcome with our current squad of first class players and brilliant youngsters coming through.  Ecstatic that the current regime would be swept away and a new owner appointed immediately. All our troubles are behind us, folks.

Didn't seem to think the administrator might need to raise funds in the short term, that any prospective buyer will get the club for a fire-sale price or that the vultures will pick off our brilliant youngsters in the January window for bargain prices.

Wish I could have a couple of pints of whatever loopy juice this ecstatic David was on...

RLJ

I think he was a genuine caller, he’d been to the game, but he maybe hadn’t completely grasped the magnitude of the situation and I think he was ecstatic and still spellbound by what we witnessed on Saturday, the performance, the connection between fans, between fans and players and the coaching staff, it was awe inspiring and hard to come down from if I’m honest. No way I could’ve gone and described that on 606. Anyway I think all those factors meant he just didn’t put his point across very well.

A Derby fan was on with Naga Munchety R5 earlier today. My partner heard it I didn't, but said she was somewhat 'unprepared' and when the talk of overspending was broached she was asking if that was down to Rooney wanting to spend! The Derby fan put her right apparently.

I heard that the other night! Wasnt sure what to make of it! Either a drubk Derby fan just fed up of not knowing what was going on or a red dog taking the p##s! 

Didnt hear the other, 5 live in the day are far too left and woke for me lol! I listen to the sports tho!

Talk sport covered it a lot saturday morning! Im not a regular listener but was working all morning so had it on in the van! Max rushden was talking about it! They covered it quite well i thought! Not masses of detail but mentioned it and talked about it throughout the morning! 

On 20/09/2021 at 14:26, RoyMac5 said:

A Derby fan was on with Naga Munchety R5 earlier today. My partner heard it I didn't, but said she was somewhat 'unprepared' and when the talk of overspending was broached she was asking if that was down to Rooney wanting to spend! The Derby fan put her right apparently.

Muncchetty is a dreadful journo When she calls the day on breakfast time. I turn my phone on just to make sure she's right. She's what they call an earpiece journalist with some divvie feeding questions into her ear, Jeremy Vine, Victoria Derbyshire and Emily Matlis are similar.

That's the reason they get into trouble they mis-hear what's being played into their earpiece, and don't listen to the answers they are being given.

A few years back we were listening to Vine at work and he asked listeners to ring in if they still drove a 30 year old+ car.

An old dear rang in and said she used an 1970's Jag for her daily drive.

He asked about the car she told him a few details, and then he asked if she still drove it!!!

i just hoped it was the producer taking the p**s out of him.