Luke Varney

Day

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is ok.Never had the games at Derby.One of our better players against Cardiff.Therefore he isnt picked for the coventry game or the QPR game,and we play a defender up front instead.Never mind,Clough is scouring the lower leagues for our star striker.

God help us.

Now confimred

Derby County striker Luke Varney has joined Barclays Premier League side Blackpool on a season-long loan deal, with a view to a permanent transfer at the end of the season.

The 26-year-old has found opportunities limited since joining Derby from Charlton Athletic in 2008.

He made six appearances whilst on loan, and a further nine after making his move permanent, scoring a single goal.

He spent almost all of last season on loan at Sheffield Wednesday, where he scored nine goals but was unable to help them avoid relegation to League One.

With the deal completed this afternoon, Varney could make his debut for the Seasiders against Fulham on Saturday.

The former Quorn FC striker rose to prominence at Crewe Alexandra, where is goalscoring exploits earned him a £2 million move to Charlton in 2007 before joining the Rams.

Manager Nigel Clough said: "Luke is a great lad and has been a pleasure to deal with since we arrived at the club.

"Circumstances have meant that he has never really been in our plans and we have felt for some time that it is best for both parties that he moves on.

"His attitude around the place has been top drawer and we wish him well."

Varney will team up with former Derby defender Ian Evatt at Bloomfield Road.

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10270~2134764,00.html

to be honest i agree with dangerous, if i was varney i would kill clough tbh, sae goes with hulse. I don't think he nor many actually understand the situation we are in, also daveo you said they funded it, yes they did but they also got us in this mess to start with, when they came in debt reduction wasn't a priority whatsoever, they spent heavily in janurary and on cack signings. Now they act like the debt reduction kings who are broke.

Varney has gone, Clough never rated him for whatever reason but that's history. Now I wish Varney all the best, not to prove anyone wrong but to seal the deal otherwise he'l be back in May twiddling his thumbs at the expense of the club.

Archived