Clarkson’s Farm

Day

4 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Meh! Not sure if Chris Martin is still looking for gainful employment but if so I'm thinking he could head back to Norfolk and do a Chrissy Martin's Farm show where he stands in fields chuntering and waving his arms about when the crops fail and falls out of combine harvesters a lot. Genius idea I reckon? ?

Would be on his arse tripping over cow pats every 5 minutes 

1 hour ago, David said:

Started it last night with the Mrs, we stayed up until 4am to finish and couldn’t disagree with the above more.

It’s simply the best show on TV and season 2 was just as good as the first, if not better. Clarkson has also confirmed on Twitter in a reply to someone that they are in the middle of filming the next season. Can’t wait.

Not only is it entertaining, but educational, shows the current state of farming in this country and how red tape and ahem….Brexit….is screwing them over.

All EU subsidies gone, one farmer losing 60 cows through TB when they are £1500/£2000 a pop, one couple with a backlog of pigs and huge increase in feed costs, really is scary times for the farming industry and it’s something I would be totally unaware of to be honest had it not been for this show.

It’s pretty clear the District council don’t like Clarkson and want to shut the whole thing down, turning to the barrister in the Council meeting and telling him he needs to learn how to spell having also brought it up in his statement was hilarious.

Caleb, again to go against the above is clearly a local lad that all he knows his farming, that is his whole world, this isn’t an act or for a script, genuinely feels like he’s just being himself, someone that’s been thrust into the celebrity world and trying to adapt the best he can. 

G Dog, well what can I say, he will always have me in stitches when he opens his mouth, he’s got to be hammered on the cider every day, he’s in another world.

Agree entirely, its a wonderful show - a mixture of Clarksons humour, knowledgeable if (unintelligible at times ?) locals and some quite in depth info on the state of farming/bureaucracy atm.

It was really quite sad to see the council, who have an obvious agenda against Clarkson turn everything down - even the dirt track on his own land that will help keep his tractors off the main roads ? especially as he'd agreed to help out all the other local farmers who are financially on their knees buying their produce for his restaurant. 

I hope they watch the documentary (doubt it) and see just how vital it would be to the local community, not just the 50 or so jobs he said it would create but in keeping the countryside how they like it - if the farmers are forced out of business, who knows what the land will be used for.

Roll on season 3?

Watched the series and like most Clarkson stuff it's irreverent, well produced and entertaining. Clarkson is very good at making these types of programmes tbf. So whilst I wouldn't trust him with a genuine documentary or drama with stuff like this he's found a formula that works and it's the same one as top gear i.e., a bunch of likable blokes trying to do things, perhaps annoying people and finding adversity in their path. The gang (Caleb, Gman, and Charlie) work nicely together even if the jokes need beefing up a bit as they do get a bit stale as they've not had much work since last season. But the story of the farm was moved on nicely with yet another bust-up with the villagers and council ensued. Ironically, if they'd all backed off the series would be a lot less fun to watch. 

I don't understand the snobbery towards him and his shows by some tbh, yes it's not oscar winning quality but it's not supposed to be. It's a bit like going into a well run pub and demanding Michelin star food. I watched it all late at night as i couldn't sleep and enjoyed it. It's not the 'best thing on tv' for my money but it's a fun wholesome watch.