Clarkson’s Farm

Day

4 hours ago, David said:

No TV show is universally loved by everyone though, plenty appear to have enjoyed it for what it is. 

I like it a lot for what it is.

Speaking of Top Gear, that's a very young looking Richard Hammond below when he was co-presenter for On 2-Wheels.

Sat next to him is his co-presenter Francesca Robinson.

Her real name is Hannah Robinson, she used Francesca because when she got into modeling there was another girl at her agency with the same name, so she used her middle name.

She and her kids are the reason I'm now in Cornwall and not Derbyshire, because she's my sister-in-law.

If only I could share some of the stories she has shared with me ?

BTW, she LOVES Hammond and was gutted when he had his accident. He's apparently as nice and fun to work with as it seems.

image.thumb.png.b3fa49dadfc7415232ca32ce68880ace.png

Edited by Bob The Badger

Went to comment of the TV thread then saw this had a thread all of its own.  Yes, there is clearly a fair amount of scripting but have to say I found this one of the most entertaining shows I'd seen in ages. Binge watched over 2 nights.  Kaleb is a star and Gerald is, well, completely incomprehensible. Hilarious. Was also surprised how much I learned about farming, and not in an anorak type of way either. Definite thumbs up from me. 

I watched the Wilding episode last night @David - it was good.

I had to roll my eyes at the knobs on Twitter accusing him of deforestation without stopping to ask questions or try and understand what he was doing.

I suspect he had a lot more help with the ponds and that entire area in terms of advice and maybe some labour than was let on, but it was very entertaining.

I do really like the bloke because even though I'd not see eye to eye on him over politics, at least he makes valid arguments and he'd be fun to have a beer with.

Because I spent so long working in agriculture nothing about that has surprised me (especially around how hard it is and how slight the margins of error), but I was stunned you could get 250 trout in a pond that size!

WTF were they all eating?

And as others have said, Kaleb is a bit of a star.

I'll nudge up my IMDb score from 7/10 to 8/10.

Watched the first 3 episodes with the missus last night. Both really enjoyed it. 

Liked the fact is was kinda slow and stuck to one topic each episode rather than jumping all over the place. 

Clarkson was much less playing for laughs than I expected. Yeh, he bought a way too big tractor, yeh he deliberately went a bit rogue with his cultivating but largely it showed how very hard it is to turn a profit in farming. 

Finished it now, brilliant but I have always been a Clarkson fan. Real eye opener for me into a world I know nothing about. Jesus how complicated is farming. I have a new found respect for you carrot crunchers. The rewards are terrible without the govt assistance.

I think Clarkson tweeted that the second series was not confirmed yet.

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/06/2021 at 15:00, Angry Ram said:

Finished it now, brilliant but I have always been a Clarkson fan. Real eye opener for me into a world I know nothing about. Jesus how complicated is farming. I have a new found respect for you carrot crunchers. The rewards are terrible without the govt assistance.

133 people in farming and agriculture took their own lives in 2019/20.

It's a tough and pressured life. 

I try to buy British wherever I can. 

On 30/06/2021 at 16:00, Angry Ram said:

Just started it, my wife dislikes him but we were both in tears of laughter during the sheep’s bit.  Wayne is a ram just coincidence I guess.

Not a massive fan of the Grand Tour/Top Gear style contrived programmes, but Clarksons Farm was very good indeed.

Entertaining and enlightening, some great characters along the way, great scenery and good lord, he's batting well above average with Lisa!

Just now, David said:

Best news of the year. Hands down. (Not Grand Tour)

Yeah ?

TBH I'm a Clarkson/Top Gear/Grand Tour fan but this is the best TV he's done imo.  I can count the number of TV shows I've binge watched on one hand, with fingers to spare - but I watched the entire series of Clarksons Farm in one day.

I think I must have fallen over earlier, banged my head and woken up in an alternate reality...

The Guardian (hate Clarkson and everything he touches) have gone from this;

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2021/jun/11/clarksons-farm-review-jeremy-the-ignoramus-rides-again

to actually sitting down to watch it and writing this;

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2021/jul/22/clarksons-farm-best-thing-jeremy-clarkson-has-done-amazon

They still make their feelings about Clarkson known, but at least they now admit that it is very watchable.

53 minutes ago, maxjam said:

I think I must have fallen over earlier, banged my head and woken up in an alternate reality...

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2021/jun/11/clarksons-farm-review-jeremy-the-ignoramus-rides-again

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2021/jul/22/clarksons-farm-best-thing-jeremy-clarkson-has-done-amazon

They still make their feelings about Clarkson known, but at least they now admit that it is very watchable.

You know that's two different people, right?

53 minutes ago, maxjam said:

People are far too quick to judge now, X person says something, hordes of people already have their views without even listening. 

I barely give any paper the time of day now, especially the Guardian, Mail and Sun