World of crypto

NottsRam77

36 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

It not yes and no though, is it? The facts are there for all to see. The lad said the market would bounce and it has. That's inarguable. 

Eh? Mate, I can buy or sell in about 5 clicks on my phone. Have you ever traded Bitcoin, or any other altcoin? If not, what are you basing this on? Market liquidity is not even an issue at the bottom of the curve and midst bear market and the current market cap is still nigh on $1Trillion. The only 'burden' involved is tax planning, akin to liquidising any other major shareholding or asset.

This is very confused thinking, I'm afraid and I sense you're not for turning, so......

I'm going to duck out at this point and leave the other fella to try fight the good fight as I'm nowhere near as charitable, nor patient as he is. 

Try taking 13 grand out and putting it into a bank. As I said, nothing against the principle but with cash you have to provide an audit trail. I'm basing the high risk on it not being regulated, there is no doubt you can make and probably will continue to make money from it, just saying spending your profits is not as easy.

1 hour ago, Returning ram said:

Try taking 13 grand out and putting it into a bank. As I said, nothing against the principle but with cash you have to provide an audit trail. I'm basing the high risk on it not being regulated, there is no doubt you can make and probably will continue to make money from it, just saying spending your profits is not as easy.

And this is why nobody except NR ever bothers posting on this thread 😂

On 10/01/2024 at 20:20, NottsRam77 said:

By the time we all wake up tomorrow morning the odds are that “that bitcoin thing” iv been bleating on here since it was at 19k (now 46k) will be as much of a global financial asset as gold, stocks and share or the very four walls your living in.

etf approval imminent…

its a real thing folks, every hedgfund and pension provider on the planet will soon be offering in their pension portfolios 

im still Here and happy to talk to anyone that wants to know more about it out and what not to do, and how to stay safe 

Already got alt coin investment in my share ISA free from capital gains. 😀

If Bitcoin goes up 50% from today’s price hopefully my investment will go up 70%. 
High risk though it’s definitely not a store of value.

Edited by cstand

9 hours ago, cstand said:

If Bitcoin goes up 50% from today’s price hopefully my investment will go up 70%. 

Even if it only spikes for a few hours and then continues to trade at around the same price it was previously?

image.png.8052eb39f351a22bb67e1da27a637456.png

Edited by Stive Pesley

47 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

Even if it only spikes for a few hours and then continues to trade at around the same price it was previously?

image.png.8052eb39f351a22bb67e1da27a637456.png

KR1 which is a fund of alt coins, basically keeps inline with BTC over a period of time best explained by Wexboy. 

https://wexboy.wordpress.com/2020/11/21/kr1-plc-the-crypto-alpha-bet/

https://kr1.io Company website. 

https://www.lse.co.uk/SharePrice.html?shareprice=KR1.PL&share=Kr1-Plc

It’s more volatile than Bitcoin so not for the feint hearted but can be bought in an ISA or in a SIPP. 
It’s down 5% today

Also remember if they sell an alt coin and buy a dud it will reduce the share price. Plus wide spread on buy/sell because it’s a small fund.

But place in a share ISA no CGT 

Edited by cstand

15 hours ago, cstand said:

Bitcoin is … altcoins arnt 

for the record.. most / all altcoins historically trend to zero against bitcoin 

if u can nail that 20x then fair play but to me its a high risk strategy 

for me buy and hold btc is the only simplest and only option 

On 11/01/2024 at 15:37, Returning ram said:

Yes and no.

It may be easier now, but I suspect not by much, however converting that profit into cash will not be easy. Restrictions around SOF with our FIs make it difficult to convert large holdings of Bitcoin into cash. Therefore, you are stuck with keeping your money within the crypto system.

Dont get me wrong, you could still pay for things, but making money from a system that is known for paying for illegal transactions also has its downside. 

That said, i wish I had the "balls" to invest in it, I have a mate who has made just over a million from it, has retired and lives from the profits he continues to make from it, there is still no denying though, its high risk.

Its dead easy, sell ur bitcoin on nexo or revolute into gbp send to your bank.. simples.

even hsbc who last year vetoed sending any money to crypto exchanges emailed to so i can now send monies but on after iv done their test lol

theyre buckling under the pressure lol

22 hours ago, Returning ram said:

Your allowed to make profits from.. just as long as u declare them…. U know like how our mps do lol 

On 11/01/2024 at 15:37, Returning ram said:

Yes and no.

It may be easier now, but I suspect not by much, however converting that profit into cash will not be easy. Restrictions around SOF with our FIs make it difficult to convert large holdings of Bitcoin into cash. Therefore, you are stuck with keeping your money within the crypto system.

Dont get me wrong, you could still pay for things, but making money from a system that is known for paying for illegal transactions also has its downside. 

That said, i wish I had the "balls" to invest in it, I have a mate who has made just over a million from it, has retired and lives from the profits he continues to make from it, there is still no denying though, its high risk.

The bitcoin etf is a massive step in making that process a whole lot more easier as quite simply btc is a recognised global asset that even the banks arnt allowed to ignore anymore 

7 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

The bitcoin etf is a massive step in making that process a whole lot more easier as quite simply btc is a recognised global asset that even the banks arnt allowed to ignore anymore 

Fair enough, I dont know enough about that side any more, our bank will still red flag over a certain amount and request further information. I know my friend has had problems as he needs to withdraw a large amount as he is going through divorce.

That said, he is in a nice position to have that problem being in their from the start 😊 Wish I had 😪

On 12/01/2024 at 16:26, Returning ram said:

Fair enough, I dont know enough about that side any more, our bank will still red flag over a certain amount and request further information. I know my friend has had problems as he needs to withdraw a large amount as he is going through divorce.

That said, he is in a nice position to have that problem being in their from the start 😊 Wish I had 😪

Same lol

im relatively new still last 4/5 years but have truly immersed myself in the space , think its a very exciting place to be 

28 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

What would you give me for an old cow?

I could offer a straight swop for a different old cow, and hope the novelty of a new set of udders to milk lessens the complaining said cows make?

On 19/01/2024 at 23:21, Rev said:

I could offer a straight swop for a different old cow, and hope the novelty of a new set of udders to milk lessens the complaining said cows make?

You’re not selling it mate 😂. Played Tapestry in full on Sunday morning whilst preparing a roast. 

IMG_0689.gif

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/01/2024 at 19:07, NottsRam77 said:

Whats this buddy ? 

Just highlighting KR1s credibility 

Apologies for the late reply I was late to the helium party at HE1.

Edited by cstand