U23s vs Everton (H)

Ghost of Clough

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, OohMartWright said:

It’s a shame our best chances have fallen to Cresswell and not Duncan. 

Think Cresswell has had a good game in the main but his shooting definitely needs work. Been a slightly mixed performance all round to be honest. Wilson, Duncan and the keeper have looked good though. 

@Ghost of Clough do you know what's up with Harrison Solomon mate? Seems to have vanished after that really promising start in the seniors. Think our CBs have been a little sleepy tonight to be honest.

1 minute ago, angieram said:

Cresswell's approach play is much improved but his finishing has gone to pot! 

From memory, his goals in 18/19 were mostly close range efforts with him poaching in and around the goalmouth. A couple if penalties too. We haven't been creating those sort of chances often enough this season.

2 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

@Ghost of Clough do you know what's up with Harrison Solomon mate? Seems to have vanished after that really promising start in the seniors. Think our CBs have been a little sleepy tonight to be honest.

On the bench tonight. Been in the U18s due to limited numbers at that level. Scored and assisted in the 3-2 win over Newcastle on Saturday.

Makes it into our strongest U23 back 5 alongside Wassall and Minkley in my opinion.

Urgh. Seen these types of performance a little too often recently but I guess the squad is light so I can't be too critical. More switching off than playing badly really. Feel for the new keeper really! Not deserved this scoreline on his debut.

Was really hoping that I'd get to see Festy strut his stuff tonight too. Hopefully he'll be back on his A-game soon enough.

Archived