U23s vs Everton (H)

Ghost of Clough

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Rev said:

Kevin Wilson trying to say "speculative" was a highlight.

His reference to their 9 as 'little nuts' and wanting to see JB 'open his legs' stood out for me ? If I had a quid for every time he either said erm, or just drifted off mid-sentence, I reckon I'd be pretty flush tonight.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Absolutely. But back 5 isn't working. And an odd choice seeing as Rooney professed a strong preference for a back 4.

What else do we play? The U23s have 3 fit CMs and 2 of them are with the first team. 1 winger and 2 forwards.

The U18s only played on Saturday. Something like 5 U16s were in that squad.

I suppose we could have moved Bateman to DM with Wilson and Cresswell on the wings to play 433. But, with Kpoh in there, we were obviously aware he'd step out of defence so needed an extra CB in there to cover?

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

What else do we play? The U23s have 3 fit CMs and 2 of them are with the first team. 1 winger and 2 forwards.

The U18s only played on Saturday. Something like 5 U16s were in that squad.

I suppose we could have moved Bateman to DM with Wilson and Cresswell on the wings to play 433. But, with Kpoh in there, we were obviously aware he'd step out of defence so needed an extra CB in there to cover?

I don't know. But it was clear it left us short in midfield and wasn't working defensively.

Archived