Under 23s vs Spurs

rynny

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The person in control has to announce a dangerous attack to prevent bets being placed (and won) before a goal is announced. If I remember correctly, it's usually based on the area of possession (essentially in and around the edge of the box)

I presume they must be getting it forward very quickly in that case?

Finished now, fantastic result, well done lads! ?

What a great win against an experienced Spurs side.

Pleased for JHI that he has both scored and made a goal. It can't have been good for his confidence hanging around the first team when we had a dearth of centre forwards and yet hardly getting a kick. I would have liked to see more of him at the time but presumably that won't happen now we have a 34 year old to bring through. ?

Sounds like Brad Foster had a great game. 

Looking forward to the highlights and what a shame Spurs couldn't show live.

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Very good result for the U23s. Danny Rose must be thinking what's happening to his career: from starring for England to getting beat by the worst team in the 2nd division's U23 side.

It certainly is! Spurs were one of only 2 sides unbeaten in the league going into this game. Blackburn the other team, who host bottom of the league Arsenal this evening.

The lads have done very well to sit top of the table after playing Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City and Everton - 4 sides who tend to finish towards the top of the table.

Our 3 games before reaching the half way point are:
- Arsenal (12th, 2 points from 7 games)
- Brighton (6th, 11 points from 6 games)
- Blackburn (4th, 11 points from 5 games)

6 minutes ago, angieram said:

What a great win against an experienced Spurs side.

Pleased for JHI that he has both scored and made a goal. It can't have been good for his confidence hanging around the first team when we had a dearth of centre forwards and yet hardly getting a kick. I would have liked to see more of him at the time but presumably that won't happen now we have a 34 year old to bring through. ?

Sounds like Brad Foster had a great game. 

Looking forward to the highlights and what a shame Spurs couldn't show live.

In my opinion, Foster's the most promising keeper we've had in my time of watching youth football and has all the attributes to make it in our first team in a few years time.

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

In my opinion, Foster's the most promising keeper we've had in my time of watching youth football and has all the attributes to make it in our first team in a few years time.

Agree, and isn't his name so much more easy to have on your shirt now? ? 

Thanks for the updates, absolute brilliant win, I love following the u23s and 18s, always entertaining.

Some serious talent waiting to play for the first team.

So many to pick but I like Archie Brown, Kornell McDonald, Stretton and Watson...also Idem could eventually be our number 1 if his recent performances are anything to go by.

Archived