All games on RamsTV whilst stadium is closed

Day

1 hour ago, Archied said:

They do a package

I’m not sure they will. I wouldn’t be surprised if folk who didn’t get to renew their season ticket before sales were suspended will have to pay £10 per game the same as non season ticket holders. It’s still a lot cheaper than buying a season ticket. I don’t see how you would be disadvantaged over those that have renewed (apart from not being able to watch away mid week games for “free” but maybe, if there is a game that takes your fancy, you buy a pass from that club - I don’t know).

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I’m not sure they will. I wouldn’t be surprised if folk who didn’t get to renew their season ticket before sales were suspended will have to pay £10 per game the same as non season ticket holders. It’s still a lot cheaper than buying a season ticket. I don’t see how you would be disadvantaged over those that have renewed (apart from not being able to watch away mid week games for “free” but maybe, if there is a game that takes your fancy, you buy a pass from that club - I don’t know).

As a season ticket holder who is yet to renew, I might not bother paying £10 for every game because something else might come up. If I’m allowed to renew now I probably will now there is more clarity, which gives them a more guaranteed income.

I don't think the club can effectively penalise anyone for not having renewed already, or give an advantage to those who already have when they stated at the time of removing tickets from sale that the deadline / sales window was 'no longer applicable'

Anyone who was a 2019/20 ST holder has to have the same rights / access at this time to anyone who's renewed for 2020/21 as they haven't missed a stated deadline.

There can't be any definition between those who already renewed as 'season ticket holders' and those who haven't yet renewed as 'non season ticket holders' at this point, not until the club states a new deadline / renewal period.

The club would surely have needed to tell people before suspending sales that those who renew beforehand would gain some sort of priority for that to be the case.

It's a very tricky situation to navigate fairly, I certainly don't envy them the task.

2 minutes ago, Coconut said:

I don't think the club can effectively penalise anyone for not having renewed already, or give an advantage to those who already have when they stated at the time of removing tickets from sale that the deadline / sales window was 'no longer applicable'

Anyone who was a 2019/20 ST holder has to have the same rights / access at this time to anyone who's renewed for 2020/21 as they haven't missed a stated deadline.

The club would surely have needed to tell people before suspending sales that those who renew beforehand would gain some sort of priority for that to be the case.

It's a very tricky situation to navigate fairly, I certainly don't envy them the task.

I imagine it’ll be whatever discount you applied for this season (depending on what package was decided) and then a percentage discount next season for amount of games we end up missing. 

1 hour ago, TuffLuff said:

As a season ticket holder who is yet to renew, I might not bother paying £10 for every game because something else might come up. If I’m allowed to renew now I probably will now there is more clarity, which gives them a more guaranteed income.

Valid point. I guess the problem is though, what do they do if they reopen ST renewals and end up selling more than are allowed into the stadium initially? The easier, and logical, option is for them to only start to allow sales again once more people are allowed into the ground. 

I guess, as an alternative to charging £10 a game they could offer a package of say £50 for the first seven games as an example. Do they go for a more guaranteed income for those seven games but risk losing £20 for folk who take advantage of the offer but would have paid for all seven games anyway.

5 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

I have had rams tv full subscription for a few years now along with season tickets as we often couldn’t get to games and it’s good for away fixtures , midweek games and the like

On 26/08/2020 at 12:50, David said:

46 games a season, with Rooney you’re looking at say 6 on Sky so £400 to RamsTV.

I don’t think that’s too bad in all honesty, when you think of the families/friends that live in the same household watching the stream, hell of a lot cheaper than actually going to the game.

If Sky finally backed down and allowed it to continue even after stadiums are back open you have to price it right where fans that would normally go choose to stay at home. 

It'll just be me, but i get the point and will be signing up for a few.

Archived