Form Table

Carnero

2 hours ago, Paul71 said:

come on someone get your excel formulas on the go and tell us where we will finish if that form continues 

Based on the form since 29th December and my fag packet calculations, I have:

Dirties 84 pts

WBA 83

Fulham 77

Brentford 77

Dogs 73

Derby 70

Cardiff 69

The bottom 3 will remain in the bottom 3.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Carnero said:

And some people were calling for Cocu's head after 12 games ?

He simply didn’t know the players he had at his disposal but he is experienced enough to know that he should have a good look at all of them - hench Forsyth Martin Davies wisdom returning to the fold and promising youngsters given a go whilst the likes of Malone Dowell Paterson jafoozon disappearing in amongst the chaos of Keogh situation - I am confident for next season and we have done much better by actually playing football oh and Wayne flipping Rooney helps 

4 hours ago, SamUltraRam said:

League table since before we beat Charlton on Dec 29th

Just look at Hull City !!

image.png.3d346a06ae788e13bbe95412dea7af1e.png

Say goodbye to Hull 

Speaking to some Dutch colleagues the other day about the return of football in the UK.  As soon as I mentioned Derby, their interest grew and Te Wierik received a glowing endorsement.  Hopefully that is right and goes some way to resolving the defensive issues, which still remain an issue since that incident.  Also, plenty of room for Lowe and Bogle to continue developing but I'm very happy Wisdom is back in the fold.

Goalkeeper is essential In the summer but if we keep this up then the sky is the limit

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, ram59 said:

Based on the form since 29th December and my fag packet calculations, I have:

Dirties 84 pts

WBA 83

Fulham 77

Brentford 77

Dogs 73

Derby 70

Cardiff 69

The bottom 3 will remain in the bottom 3.

Looks good, not happy with Boro not slipping into the bottom 3, can you try better next time, ?

10 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Some turnaround that, huge credit to Cocu. Shame we started so poorly otherwise we would’ve probably been in auto contention! I wonder if having Rooney from the start of the season would have made the difference....

Either way up, at least it means we’ve dragged ourselves back into the top 6 battle. And if we don’t make it this year, it bodes very well for a challenge next season - when hopefully we will have improved our defence too!

Yes absolutely. If we could have avoided those defeats in London, where we really didn't turn up. 

On 21/06/2020 at 11:14, RamNut said:

Wasn’t the problem exactly that we didn’t seem to have a plan?

We kept tinkering in search of a formation, and a best 11. We are still prone to a bit of that. 

hopefully we’ve seen the back of games where we concede three whenever we play away, but Millwall could have had three yesterday. But we are now so much better in possession.
We just need a few of the creatives to be as brave as knight and Sibley and we might really burn some rubber. 

I think he’s always had a plan. I think that trying to work out which players could best understand his tactical instructions led to the switching of players. There were little shimmers of it but it was usually surrounded by about 80 minutes of absolute garbage at the start. 

last season my issue was we didn’t improve as the season went on. We just bounced up and down in terms of performance. This season it’s clear that we’re improving as the season is going on which makes me excited for next season regardless of what happens at the end of this one. 

On 21/06/2020 at 16:27, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Because I'm sad and keep an eye on stuff like this... This is how the table would look if every team carried on the same form over the next 8 games (I included GD too because I thought it might be a bit tight).
image.png.58081e65478b60757b7a084847db58c4.png

After Cardiff's win earlier, I've got us missing out on 6th by 1 point. Anything can happen though!

So we need 17 points from 8 games. 5 wins, two draws, one loss against Brentford almost certainly.

Archived