Form Table

Carnero

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Championship table since the halfway point of the season...

Screenshot_20200621-084128.jpg

That is impressive. But what is more impressive is the turnaround. To be quite frank, Derby were very poor earlier this season. We looked totally half-baked and Cocu looked like a meek man who didn’t quite know where he was. Performances and results were not good enough. Remember the series of 3-0 results away at London clubs? Contrast that with yesterday: 3-2 flattered the hoofers although our defence did look iffy at times. 
Several factors have coincided to account for the change in fortune:

1. Rooney

His mere presence has been hugely galvanising. The similarity to the impact Dave McKay had is remarkable.

2. The emergence of Knight, Bird and Sibley. Just Wow. They’re all so good to watch but I remember seeing Sibley on that very hot pre-season evening against that Spanish team and I could see then that Sibbers had a raw talent ready to burst out. How great it must be for them to learn from Rooney whose presence has accelerated their emergence. 

3. Cocu has clearly worked immensely hard and learned from experience.  He seems to understand players like Chris Martin now and the contribution he can make. 

The form table says it all. I’ve immensely enjoyed the last 3 games and we will finish the season on an ascendant path. I rather hope we don’t squeeze into the p-offs this year - really - because I want to watch us win the League and go up as Champions next year. Football is fickle and anything can happen but right now I’m very confident. And the person I’m most pleased for is Mel Morris because finally his vision is being realised. 

We’ve sorted out a lot of stuff in that time.

formation. Role for Rooney. Centre back pairing. Preferred full backs. Max bird. Louie Sibley..... 

lots to play for now 

15 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

I rather hope we don’t squeeze into the p-offs this year - really - because I want to watch us win the League and go up as Champions next year. Football is fickle and anything can happen but right now I’m very confident. And the person I’m most pleased for is Mel Morris because finally his vision is being realised. 

We’ve got a lot to do, but we’ve got absolutely nothing to lose. This year is as good as any other. 

1. We need the money, and
  2. next season could be scuppered by a points deduction. 

7 minutes ago, RamNut said:

We’ve got a lot to do, but we’ve got absolutely nothing to lose. This year is as good as any other. 

1. We need the money, and
  2. next season could be scuppered by a points deduction. 

@RamNutI don’t believe we’ll get a points deduction. Time will tell.

I think that last season Lampard relied on outstanding loan players and being a fantastic motivator. 

Cocu came in without the rallying team talks and passion and has been calm and collected and never let his emotions get the better of him. He’s had a plan from the beginning with what he wanted the team to do and he’s stuck to that plan even when times were incredibly difficult earlier on in the season. What we’re seeing now is the players beginning to naturally do what he wants where as before they looked awkward and ponderous was they were having to think about everything he wanted them to do. 

He’s a class act. 

Some turnaround that, huge credit to Cocu. Shame we started so poorly otherwise we would’ve probably been in auto contention! I wonder if having Rooney from the start of the season would have made the difference....

Either way up, at least it means we’ve dragged ourselves back into the top 6 battle. And if we don’t make it this year, it bodes very well for a challenge next season - when hopefully we will have improved our defence too!

44 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

I think that last season Lampard relied on outstanding loan players and being a fantastic motivator. 

Cocu came in without the rallying team talks and passion and has been calm and collected and never let his emotions get the better of him. He’s had a plan from the beginning with what he wanted the team to do and he’s stuck to that plan even when times were incredibly difficult earlier on in the season. What we’re seeing now is the players beginning to naturally do what he wants where as before they looked awkward and ponderous was they were having to think about everything he wanted them to do. 

He’s a class act. 

Wasn’t the problem exactly that we didn’t seem to have a plan?

We kept tinkering in search of a formation, and a best 11. We are still prone to a bit of that. 

hopefully we’ve seen the back of games where we concede three whenever we play away, but Millwall could have had three yesterday. But we are now so much better in possession.
We just need a few of the creatives to be as brave as knight and Sibley and we might really burn some rubber. 

Sith Happens

come on someone get your excel formulas on the go and tell us where we will finish if that form continues 

Sith Happens
5 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Bit ironic that we've also conceded the most - shows the area we need to strengthen in the next transfer window

for me goalkeeper.  A defence needs absolute confidence in the keeper, while I think hamer us better than roos I don't think either are the future. 

2 hours ago, RamNut said:

Wasn’t the problem exactly that we didn’t seem to have a plan?

We kept tinkering in search of a formation, and a best 11. We are still prone to a bit of that. 

hopefully we’ve seen the back of games where we concede three whenever we play away, but Millwall could have had three yesterday. But we are now so much better in possession.
We just need a few of the creatives to be as brave as knight and Sibley and we might really burn some rubber. 

Don’t think that was the case. He had a plan, just incapable players. 

Archived