Shaun Barker | One More Time Documentry

Day

9 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

You forget some of the performances before he was sacked, that goal at Yeovil, Bryson's hat trick at Millwall.....it was coming, coming I tell ya.

Don't use two separate 0-5 away games to defend him, that's not in the narrative.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, uttoxram75 said:

You forget some of the performances before he was sacked, that goal at Yeovil, Bryson's hat trick at Millwall.....it was coming, coming I tell ya.

Don’t get me wrong there was a couple of games which were great, but looking back on his tenure I have never been so bored and disillusioned with Derby. 

6 hours ago, David said:

It’s also possible we would have finished 14th with 90% of the fan base half a sleep as we tried to defend a 1-0 score line away from home.

The best thing this club did in modern times is to let Nigel go.

If you think away matches under Clough were bad you should’ve gone to some this season under Cocu (especially before new year). Cocu is extremely negative away. Things have improved since Rooney came in we’ve had a good half or two (The 1st half at Sheffield Wednesday for example) but it can still be very frustrating as an away fan. The second half at Hillsborough was so negative (they had all the play) it sort of felt like a loss full time.

3 hours ago, David said:

Don’t get me wrong there was a couple of games which were great, but looking back on his tenure I have never been so bored and disillusioned with Derby. 

Are you saying that you found Pearson’s tenure exciting? Same with Cocu?

7 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Clough had plenty of time to show his qualities. The football was often dire and he seemed to have an aversion to flair players. How many years did he spend pursuing Connor Sammon? Though in fairness that was compensated for by getting Chris Martin for free.

On 29/04/2020 at 21:04, uttoxram75 said:

12/13 was his chance and he blew it by being too negative away from home. 

13/14, teams had clicked on to how good we were and just parked the bus at home and hit us on the break and he couldn’t out-think it. 

On 30/04/2020 at 02:41, Will the Ram said:

If you think away matches under Clough were bad you should’ve gone to some this season under Cocu (especially before new year). Cocu is extremely negative away. Things have improved since Rooney came in we’ve had a good half or two (The 1st half at Sheffield Wednesday for example) but it can still be very frustrating as an away fan. The second half at Hillsborough was so negative (they had all the play) it sort of felt like a loss full time.

Are you saying that you found Pearson’s tenure exciting? Same with Cocu?

We were horrible away under Clough. He had a team in 12/13 that was smashing everyone up at Pride Park and yet we only won 3 away games and just tried to sit back for 90 minutes. 

I went to away games that season and they weren’t as bad as that. At least we had shots for a start (we won at Forest & Leeds too).

Away games with Cocu can be very painful to watch. The lack of attacking Intent is very frustrating. At times it felt like we’d just accept defeat defeat instead of trying to go for it and get something out of the game.

Archived