Shaun Barker | One More Time Documentry

Day

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched it. We could really do with him now, and indeed then, and probably in the future as well. I love players like barker and forsyth. The way they have both come back, and in Forsyth’s case numerous times, is such testament to their character and desire. A really great watch and interesting insight. I would have loved him to play that season we capitulated. Not to be though. 

Thanks for the heads up.

I watched this last night (from behind an outstretched hand at times - hey I'm squeamish!) Quite moving at times.

He comes across as a genuinely nice down to earth guy that worked incredibly hard to get back to playing football.  I thought that Clough also came across well, McClaren less so.

Nice to see that Nigel took Barker to Burton and that he remains there in some capacity today ?

So much is said of his character that it's often overlooked how good a player he was. When he was fit, his presence was the difference between us being also-rans and a competitive Championship side. He could make very ordinary players around him look rock solid. 

I thought it was a really good documentary, Barker and family came across very well as did Clough. Thought it was a little harsh on McClaren - made him out to be the bad guy, even though it’s been proven that Barker wasn’t ready for a return at that level. Also thought it was a bit harsh to rubbish Derby’s farewell to him for the POTY presentation. He had a testimonial type game, and a new contract. Derby did more than enough for Barker. Good, but annoyed me in parts. The Stone Roses resurrection song was a bit of an ego trip too. Apart from all the negatives, I enjoyed it! 

On a positive note Shaun Barker loves his music and loves The Stone Roses so why not.I love Shaun Barker. I love Jake Buxton. I love Nigel Clough. I love Roy McFarland. I love Derby County Football Club.

And I love Shaun Barker for introducing Cullah to me and a few others. Thank you Shaun.

Shaun Barker - Kicker of Balls & Vinyl Collector

http://shaunbarker.co.uk

http://theshaunbarkerfoundation.co.uk

D.C.F.C Love, Life & Unity.

6 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

On a positive note Shaun Barker loves his music and loves The Stone Roses so why not.I love Shaun Barker. I love Jake Buxton. I love Nigel Clough. I love Roy McFarland. I love Derby County Football Club.

And I love Shaun Barker for introducing Cullah to me and a few others. Thank you Shaun.

Shaun Barker - Kicker of Balls & Vinyl Collector

http://shaunbarker.co.uk

http://theshaunbarkerfoundation.co.uk

D.C.F.C Love, Life & Unity.

I gave him a wedding present single..the number 5 from the hit parade I think It was come play with me..

21 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

and...….what a great guy Nigel comes across as too....we should never have sacked him...

I’m glad we did though, what followed was one of the greatest seasons outside of Jim Smiths tenure and started a new era where we have been genuine promotion candidates. 

Hasn’t been a dull season since.

39 minutes ago, David said:

I’m glad we did though, what followed was one of the greatest seasons outside of Jim Smiths tenure and started a new era where we have been genuine promotion candidates. 

Hasn’t been a dull season since.

Its possible that team would have clicked anyway, there were certainly signs of it prior to his sacking. We'll never know but it seems we missed a trick by persevering with him while he rebuilt, slashed the wage bill and had young hungry players straining at the leash only to sack him on the vinegar strokes....

1 hour ago, uttoxram75 said:

Its possible that team would have clicked anyway, there were certainly signs of it prior to his sacking. We'll never know but it seems we missed a trick by persevering with him while he rebuilt, slashed the wage bill and had young hungry players straining at the leash only to sack him on the vinegar strokes....

perfectly and so eloquently put

4 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

It’s also possible we would have finished 14th with 90% of the fan base half a sleep as we tried to defend a 1-0 score line away from home.

The best thing this club did in modern times is to let Nigel go.

1 hour ago, David said:

It’s also possible we would have finished 14th with 90% of the fan base half a sleep as we tried to defend a 1-0 score line away from home.

The best thing this club did in modern times is to let Nigel go.

You forget some of the performances before he was sacked, that goal at Yeovil, Bryson's hat trick at Millwall.....it was coming, coming I tell ya.

Archived