Coronavirus

1of4

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

It must be not true then. 

Just stating facts, I’m sure it is but you would of thought my family or I would know someone as it’s going through the roof. Maybe the Uni’s in the town are actually the cause of the rise hence no action has been taken yet?

( hope I don’t get a warning for this ?)

17 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

I live there and still don’t know anyone with it

Because as we predicted, they are mass testing students. Lock 'em all in to halls, let it spread and then they mass test. It's beyond belief people are falling for this. 

4 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

Because as we predicted, they are mass testing students. Lock 'em all in to halls, let it spread and then they mass test. It's beyond belief people are falling for this. 

I genuinely think some don’t want us ever to return to normal 

25 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Show chart...ooh scary scary. Treat students like prisoners and mass test them. Say ooh look scary chart was right. Conveniently around the time they'll run out of students to test positive. Put us into lockdown. Cases come down. Then say we told you we needed a 2 week lockdown. 

Who's falling for this? 

1 minute ago, Uptherams said:

Show chart...ooh scary scary. Treat students like prisoners and mass test them. Say ooh look scary chart was right. Conveniently around the time they'll run out of students to test positive. Put us into lockdown. Cases come down. Then say we told you we needed a 2 week lockdown. 

Who's falling for this? 

I’ve said it a few times, our side of the argument can never win. Shame because we’re right!

If, as seems likely, the main factor in increased Covid cases is due to Universities, what was the real reason for the govt to reopen them?

It seemed totally predictable that throwing thousands of people aged 18-22 together would shoot the numbers up.

So what was the motivation?

Do the govt want the increase so they can justify whatever actions they want to implement?

I’m finding it harder and harder to believe one single word coming from official government sources over the whole thing.

Summat’s not raite  

21 minutes ago, Van Gritters said:

Right! I’m pissed off with all this now and am starting to believe that we should have the choice to carry on with our lives and let those that don’t want to hibernate until it’s over.

ok then... sorry, forgot, I need to work and need to get food to eat ...not that simple.

7 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

I’ve said it a few times, our side of the argument can never win. Shame because we’re right!

Maybe you should pause and reflect, and then ask yourself perhaps why it is that your side of the argument can never win?

Why is it so important for you to win anyway?

Nobody is going to pat you on the back and say well done texasram you were right all along, especially after you have accused most people on here of being dim, misguided or a clown.

Thousands of people in your own city are going to bed tonight petrified of what the future holds for them because they are Covid positive, that’s a fact. 

The fact that you don’t know them is inconsequential. The fact that you cast doubt about them even having Covid is insulting. 

We are all in this together, your family my family. So maybe we should start talking rather than trying to get one up on each other by arguing. 

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

42 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

Who's falling for this? 

I'm interested in what you think the authorities gain from such a scenario as another lockdown?

They'll end up chucking even more of our money at emoliating the impact of such measures, so where's the win?

1 minute ago, jimmyp said:

Maybe you should pause and reflect, and then ask yourself perhaps why it is that your side of the argument can never win?

Why is it so important for you to win anyway?

Nobody is going to pat you on the back and say well done texasram you were right all along, especially after you have accused most people on here of being dim, misguided or a clown.

Thousands of people in your own city are going to bed tonight petrified of what the future holds for them because they are Covid positive, that’s a fact. 

The fact that you don’t know them is inconsequential. The fact that you cast doubt about them even having Covid is insulting. 

We are all in this together, your family my family. So maybe we should start talking rather than trying to get one up on each other by arguing. 

I don’t want a pat on the back, I don’t think people haven’t tested positive for COVID . I think and it’s my opinion and belief we are completely over reacting to something that won’t do as much damage as the “cure” we are putting in place. People are going to bed scared and that’s wrong, we are too scared we are going to die, we have forgotten how to live. I find it sad, so so sad

6 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

I'm interested in what you think the authorities gain from such a scenario as another lockdown?

They'll end up chucking even more of our money at emoliating the impact of such measures, so where's the win?

I dont think they’ll gain, I actually don’t think they know what to do. And at present I truly believe they are choosing the incorrect path. 

37 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

If, as seems likely, the main factor in increased Covid cases is due to Universities, what was the real reason for the govt to reopen them?

It seemed totally predictable that throwing thousands of people aged 18-22 together would shoot the numbers up.

Do the govt want the increase so they can justify whatever actions they want to implement?

I’m finding it harder and harder to believe one single word coming from official government sources over the whole thing.

Summat’s not raite  

My lad got told to go back to Liverpool from the Derbyshire Dales one of the lowest infection rate to one of the highest. No problem with that but I am thinking herd immunity is the thought process if it works.

30 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

I dont think they’ll gain, I actually don’t think they know what to do. And at present I truly believe they are choosing the incorrect path. 

Thanks for the reply, I agree that no-one in charge has a Scooby.

Which means none of us do either!

Best we can do is make educated guesses based on what information we have and how we interpret that bearing in mind everyone's circumstances are different.

I don't think there's a politician in my lifetime that would have played this any better than par, it's just a shame we've got 18 handicappers in charge ATM.

Fellow hackers in opposition too.

1 hour ago, uttoxram75 said:

Landlords rent, a shot in the arm to local areas that host Uni students?

What actions do you think they want to implement that justify the enormous cost to the Economy do you think they want to implement?

These are right of centre free market economists in charge, not Marxists looking for a new world order.

Thats because they're twits.

Summat’s not raite  

Archived