Coronavirus

1of4

3 hours ago, richinspain said:

My understanding is not that he is at greater risk of contracting the virus, he has exactly the same risk as the rest of us (ignorIng the possibility of children being less susceptible). His risk is that should he contract it he has more possibility of needing much more care and possibly worse.

Indeed... Forgive me... I should have put "... at greater risk from the virus" as opposed to "... of contracting the virus...".

School boy error on my part!  ?

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Eddie said:

I'm not going to abuse the rules at all. There are some who will though - people who assume that the rules don't apply to them.

No apologies for likewise being just as serious.

I got that impression... and just to clarify, I most certainly wasn't inferring that you would (break the rules).  Quite the opposite, in fact.  ?

Who would be willing to confront their neighbours if they weren’t following the guidelines?

My neighbours on one side host a little garden party every Saturday with their other neighbours.
My neighbours on the other side have opted to throw a birthday party for one of the kids and invited several of their family members round. 

35 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Who would be willing to confront their neighbours if they weren’t following the guidelines?

My neighbours on one side host a little garden party every Saturday with their other neighbours.
My neighbours on the other side have opted to throw a birthday party for one of the kids and invited several of their family members round. 

Wouldnt bother me in the slightest as long as they were being sensible.

My parents came round for my birthday last week. 

Hadnt seen them for 6 weeks. They sat on the opposite side of the garden and didnt even get within my 5 metres of me.

That was not following the guidelines.

The following day I was in the supermarket with people I have never seen before within a metre of me.

That was with me doing my best to follow the guidelines but of course it is not always in your control.

39 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Wouldnt bother me in the slightest as long as they were being sensible.

My parents came round for my birthday last week. 

Hadnt seen them for 6 weeks. They sat on the opposite side of the garden and didnt even get within my 5 metres of me.

That was not following the guidelines.

The following day I was in the supermarket with people I have never seen before within a metre of me.

That was with me doing my best to follow the guidelines but of course it is not always in your control.

You are kyle walker and i claim the £5

10 minutes ago, RamNut said:

You are kyle walker and i claim the £5

Think he was a knob in the first instance but agree with his comments today about him being harassed.

Did all of these politicians that have flouted the rules have the press following them around for weeks after?

Not much point sending you your £5 as it doesnt sound like you will ever be leaving your house again to spend it...

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Think he was a knob in the first instance but agree with his comments today about him being harassed.

Did all of these politicians that have flouted the rules have the press following them around for weeks after?

Not much point sending you your £5 as it doesnt sound like you will ever be leaving your house again to spend it...

It's a difficult one. I mean, what about the poor immigrants? Valiantly travelling across the channel to tek ur jerbs, only to find bloody Farage there, harassing them.

8 minutes ago, Eddie said:

It's a difficult one. I mean, what about the poor ILLEGAL immigrants? Valiantly travelling across the channel to tek ur jerbs, only to find bloody Farage there, harassing them.

fixed that for ya ? 

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

It was a joke btw.......

2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Could be asylum-seekers.

Wonder if they considered seeking asylum in Italy or France before setting off for England? Not bad places to live are they?

8 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Wonder if they considered seeking asylum in Italy or France before setting off for England? Not bad places to live are they?

Well, not quite as coronavirusy as here, of course, under Boris's stewardship (cue 'nobody could have anticipated blah blah').

The point I was struggling to make was that they were possibly acting illegally, but Farage was definitely doing so.

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

Well, not quite as coronavirusy as here, of course, under Boris's stewardship (cue 'nobody could have anticipated blah blah').

The point I was struggling to make was that they were possibly acting illegally, but Farage was definitely doing so.

Possibly acting illegally?

13 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

The Netherlands, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Belgium...... 

29 minutes ago, Norman said:

Possibly acting illegally?

Could have been English, missed their flight and needed a boat to get home? ?

I must confess, coming to Britain at the moment is the second-most stupid thing anybody could do. The most stupid, of course, would be coming to America

It was a bloody awful film.

31 minutes ago, Norman said:

The Netherlands, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Belgium...... 

If they'd got any sense of self-preservation at all, Germany would be a good choice.

3 minutes ago, Norman said:

And why don't they try to settle there?

Now that I really can't answer.

Incidentally, what winds me up is the people up the road having a street party. All they need is a slogan - I suggest "Let's celebrate the contribution made to this country by the veterans - by killing them".

Archived