Derby/Palace make history

BriggRam

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Barnetbyram said:

Just seen the highlights and commentator says history has been made when the ref checked the VAR monitor himself to make a decision on the red card 

And the argument by some (especially Palace fans), will be he still got it wrong! ?

About time we had some luck mind, didn’t get much last year with VAR, so no complaints here.

What a moment that was. Real but of history we were there for - and it actually went our way! Couldn’t believe it when he pointed to the screen?

A cynic would say those in power would’ve been hoping for a chance to test that part of VAR out in our game, given Oliver was the referee

Cynic in me thinks he wanted to be centre stage. 
A yellow card for a head butted from one of Britain’s highly regarded referees? 
Pull the other one.

if he hasn’t seen it, what’s he booking him for?? I think he’s booked him, in order to not give the wrong decision as the VAR will always pick up the red if necessary - but they are basic laws of the game. And it was cowardly refereeing. 

2 minutes ago, HariboWest said:

Cynic in me thinks he wanted to be centre stage. 
A yellow card for a head butted from one of Britain’s highly regarded referees? 
Pull the other one.

if he hasn’t seen it, what’s he booking him for?? I think he’s booked him, in order to not give the wrong decision as the VAR will always pick up the red if necessary - but they are basic laws of the game. And it was cowardly refereeing. 

The yellow card was clearly for the scuffle between him and Huddlestone. Hence them both receiving a yellow. Red was for the headbutt.

18 hours ago, Black Country Ram said:

The yellow card was clearly for the scuffle between him and Huddlestone. Hence them both receiving a yellow. Red was for the headbutt.

It wasn't just the head butt, how about the number of times he lashed out at Huddlestone with his feet? Everyone seems to have missed that. He was rightly dismissed for violent conduct.

2 hours ago, KCG said:

It wasn't just the head butt, how about the number of times he lashed out at Huddlestone with his feet? Everyone seems to have missed that. He was rightly dismissed for violent conduct.

He certainly did do at least 2 or 3 "Rooneys" whilst he was lying on his arse ?

but i think when Oliver was talking to him just before he reached for the red card, he pointed to his head which suggests that it was the head movement that had tipped him over the edge.

Archived