The Politics Thread 2020

G STAR RAM

4 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Well you'll have to excuse me if I chuckle over a sermon on righteousness from someone who's just spent night on 4 days and nights demeaning another poster across multiple threads over his views on Cocu's subs. If ever there was a case of pot-kettle as you like to term it, I'd say that ranks pretty highly. 

Demeaning????, thought he was talking bolox and told him so backed up by the posters contradicting posts ,thought the forum was for debate and argument over different views ,pretty dull place if we all just lay down to guff being spouted

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bloody typical thick Leave voting Conservatives saying 'drain the swamp' and using sound bites without knowing what they are saying!

Dont worry, sure the clever Labour Labour Remain voters who never use sound bites will soon be long to explain it all to us...oh wait... 

15 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Is it because he's a drug-addled, attention seeking narcissist who uses such videos to fund his coke habit with cash donations from gullible halfwits.

Genuine question , is the above genuine undisputed and current or unsubstantiated slander? Reason I ask is given the fact that the government, police and media have such a hard on for him it’s difficult to believe he would not be nicked big style if he had drugs round him,

if it’s the latter it’s not the brightest thing to post on a public forum 

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Bloody typical thick Leave voting Conservatives saying 'drain the swamp' and using sound bites without knowing what they are saying!

Dont worry, sure the clever Labour Labour Remain voters who never use sound bites will soon be long to explain it all to us...oh wait... 

No they’ll just be along shortly to completely baffle us with a drawn out load of baalocks,

4 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

I also hear Courtney Love was nasty to Kurt Cobain and Hamlet didn't take time to listen to the concerns of Ophelia.

My point was actually not at all around whether Patel is or isn't a bully. My point was this popularist idea that we're just going to "drain the swamp" without any understanding of what the swamp is, what is in it, why it is there and what we might replace it with. Lazy sound bite straight out of the top drawer of Trump.

Was just an observation on whether people react differently to the same allegations no matter what side of the political divide the politician represents

45 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Yep, god save us from soundbites. Any moment now we'll have people prattling on about 'draining the swamp'. 

*shudder

Its amusing how easily triggered you guys are by the term drain the swamp. Have you talked to people or seen the comments online? People are not best pleased about this situation and the sentiment is clear. Yet you guys get triggered by people using a phrase to describe the sentiment ?

19 minutes ago, Archied said:

Genuine question , is the above genuine undisputed and current or unsubstantiated slander?

There is a video of TR boasting about scoring drugs - which was leaked from a private whatsapp group of his friends. Complete with racist epithets
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8410133/tommy-robinson-drugs-racist-slur-rant/

A former assistant who became disillusioned once she realised that they were manufacturing outrage in order to make money has gone on public record as saying they spent donations on drugs. As far as I know they didn't sue her, and the links are still up
https://scramnews.com/lots-of-cocaine-former-insider-lucy-brown-accuses-tommy-robinson-spending-donations-on-drugs/

Also - in his mortgage fraud trial, one of his co-defendants was also charged with dealing coke alongside the fraud charge. Not that this makes TR guilty of anything drug-related, but it was all messed up in the same business.

6 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

Its amusing how easily triggered you guys are by the term drain the swamp. Have you talked to people or seen the comments online? People are not best pleased about this situation and the sentiment is clear. Yet you guys get triggered by people using a phrase to describe the sentiment ?

Triggered? Does that have a new definition which means "Questions the term and challenges an ignorant misconception around how the civil service works using actual facts from the civil service web page - only to be met with more ludicrous hyperbole about shadow governments".

Noted

36 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

They don't even have any direction right now. They should just spend a bit of time reflecting, just like the Labour party and Lib Dem political parties are. They've lost and instead of accepting this, still they throw the toys out of the pram and support anyone who scuppers the government. Whether that be Judges sticking their beaks where they don;t belong, as recently as the Heathrow 3rd runway debacle. Or Bercrow using the instruments of government to manipulate different outcomes and Civil Servants, particularly in the Home Office, which were heavily criticised by the last Labour government, trying to prevent change for as long as is possible. 

Much more political change is set to come. Wrestling back control from the EU was just the first fight. I'd suggest people try and be part of the conversation instead of just siding with the status quo because they are bitter about the outcome of elections. That way the political changes they support are far more likely to occur. 

7 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Triggered? Does that have a new definition which means "Questions the term and challenges an ignorant misconception around how the civil service works using actual facts from the civil service web page - only to be met with more ludicrous hyperbole about shadow governments".

Noted

No one cares about what new thing you might have or think you have just learnt  Yet again trying to lead people down the garden path. I suspect in person you wouldn't have much to say, when you so heavily rely on quick google searches to try and indirectly win some sort of argument you think you are having. ?

edit: What is it with you and sticking your beak in all the time? Literally 9/10 times nobody is talking to you ? 

29 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

There is a video of TR boasting about scoring drugs - which was leaked from a private whatsapp group of his friends. Complete with racist epithets
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8410133/tommy-robinson-drugs-racist-slur-rant/

A former assistant who became disillusioned once she realised that they were manufacturing outrage in order to make money has gone on public record as saying they spent donations on drugs. As far as I know they didn't sue her, and the links are still up
https://scramnews.com/lots-of-cocaine-former-insider-lucy-brown-accuses-tommy-robinson-spending-donations-on-drugs/

Also - in his mortgage fraud trial, one of his co-defendants was also charged with dealing coke alongside the fraud charge. Not that this makes TR guilty of anything drug-related, but it was all messed up in the same business.

Thanks Steve ,, that video is not big and not clever and adds a fair amount to figuring out the current Robinson 

32 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

Yeah. We're positively frothing mate. 

21 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

They don't even have any direction right now. They should just spend a bit of time reflecting, just like the Labour party and Lib Dem political parties are. They've lost and instead of accepting this, still they throw the toys out of the pram and support anyone who scuppers the government. Whether that be Judges sticking their beaks where they don;t belong, as recently as the Heathrow 3rd runway debacle. Or Bercrow using the instruments of government to manipulate different outcomes and Civil Servants, particularly in the Home Office, which were heavily criticised by the last Labour government, trying to prevent change for as long as is possible. 

Much more political change is set to come. Wrestling back control from the EU was just the first fight. I'd suggest people try and be part of the conversation instead of just siding with the status quo because they are bitter about the outcome of elections. That way the political changes they support are far more likely to occur. 

This is the same argument coming out of the American right this week, claiming that Democrats want Coronavirus to become virulent in the US in order to embarrass the President. A bit paranoid.

The law is precisely where judge's beaks belong. Sometimes you like what they do, sometimes you don't. If the Government actually wants to build another runway at Heathrow, it can appeal the decision of the court. What does it say about the government's intentions that they have said they won't appeal?

Civil servants have always been criticised. It's in the nature of the work. It's only now, however, that people in this country have started aping the American right with talk of 'draining the swamp'.

The last bit just sounds like a bit of a threat of the 'if you're not with us, you're against us' kind. Not really a nice way of inviting people in to a conversation. Many of us are willing to join in a conversation with the right but remain to be convinced that the right actually wants one.

1 minute ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

This is the same argument coming out of the American right this week, claiming that Democrats want Coronavirus to become virulent in the US in order to embarrass the President. A bit paranoid.

???? 

Read what people write and stop the conflation. So now anyone "right wing" on here basically agrees with this ????

You guys really can't help yourselves. 

1 hour ago, Archied said:

Genuine question , is the above genuine undisputed and current or unsubstantiated slander? Reason I ask is given the fact that the government, police and media have such a hard on for him it’s difficult to believe he would not be nicked big style if he had drugs round him,

if it’s the latter it’s not the brightest thing to post on a public forum 

Take a wild guess.

1 hour ago, Archied said:

Demeaning????, thought he was talking bolox and told him so backed up by the posters contradicting posts ,thought the forum was for debate and argument over different views ,pretty dull place if we all just lay down to guff being spouted

The you'll doubtless grasp the reason behind my initial post. 

Nuff said, I'm afraid. 

2 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Many of us are willing to join in a conversation with the right but remain to be convinced that the right actually wants one.

And let's not forget that you can hardly accuse anyone who voted for Corbyn's Labour as "siding with the status quo". They saw the need for change equally as badly as anyone on the right. Just from a different viewpoint.

The fact that the Tories are now looking at many of the things that were popular in the Labour manifesto underlines that point.

And yes I did notice the tumbleweed when @1in4 mentioned the new bank holiday being planned. Pretty sure we were told that this was a terrible idea when Labour proposed it. All small businesses will immediately go bust won't they?

Archived