Will we ever score from a corner again ?

Seaside Ram

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, ramit said:

Yes, but now that we have, will we ever again?

The flood gates are open now. I expect more goals from corners now than hector-Ingram penos. 

Remember that feeling last season where getting a free kick already felt like scoring, such was our confidence in Harry to knuckleball the ducker in the back of the net. 

I’d love to have that same feeling about corners one day. 

12 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

The flood gates are open now. I expect more goals from corners now than hector-Ingram penos. 

Remember that feeling last season where getting a free kick already felt like scoring, such was our confidence in Harry to knuckleball the ducker in the back of the net. 

I’d love to have that same feeling about corners one day. 

Come on, that's bit too ambitious!

One little thing I noticed on Saturday was how much chaos Forsyth was causing in those early corners. He didn’t necessarily win anything but he was able to pull defenders across to create space for others.

To think most managers have kept him back for corners!

On 24/11/2019 at 11:12, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I'll always remember when Martin scored a free kick I think against Bournemouth, the absolute weapon who was sat behind me (who had been talking absolute nonsense all match) piped up "why is that fat **** taking this, he couldn't score from there if he tried". Bang, top corner.

It took all of my willpower not to climb back a row and throw him down the steps.

On 24/11/2019 at 11:14, Millenniumram said:

Egg on my face when we scored it. Saw Holmes step up to the corner and said to my dad “great, we take Lawrence off corners and stick the one bloke on worse than him”..... 1-0 5 seconds later ?

At Stoke away last season, we won a free kick on the edge of the area. I was saying to the guy next to me for about 30 seconds straight that the distance and angle suited Mason Mount. Step up Harry Wilson:

Archived