Sky sports news extinction countdown

Seaside Ram

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw this too a bit earlier. The way sky handled today was disgraceful. They treated it like a transfer window ending. Then Jim White said at least the weather is nice Bolton and bury fans. Idiot. Many people’s jobs are on the lines here and the footballers themselves aren’t rich superstars, they have mortgages to pay too like the average Joe. Then I saw sky interviewing many ex players and current managers like Eddie Howe and all of them saying how heartbreaking it is. If they find it so heartbreaking I’m sure they could all come together to give a small donation to both clubs if they really wanted too. The reality is they don’t give a poo and it’s virtue signalling

Sky are everything that’s wrong with English football, they have 2 million to give away every Saturday for the sky super 6 winners but don’t do anything about Bolton and bury, even just an appeal to help the clubs and have the nerve to almost joke about it.

It wouldn’t surprise me if sky say look at the bright side Bolton and bury fans, at least you can now support one of the ‘big 6’ premier league clubs because they’re all that matter.

21 minutes ago, Sexydadbod said:

I saw this too a bit earlier. The way sky handled today was disgraceful. They treated it like a transfer window ending. Then Jim White said at least the weather is nice Bolton and bury fans. Idiot. Many people’s jobs are on the lines here and the footballers themselves aren’t rich superstars, they have mortgages to pay too like the average Joe. Then I saw sky interviewing many ex players and current managers like Eddie Howe and all of them saying how heartbreaking it is. If they find it so heartbreaking I’m sure they could all come together to give a small donation to both clubs if they really wanted too. The reality is they don’t give a poo and it’s virtue signalling

Sky are everything that’s wrong with English football, they have 2 million to give away every Saturday for the sky super 6 winners but don’t do anything about Bolton and bury, even just an appeal to help the clubs and have the nerve to almost joke about it.

It wouldn’t surprise me if sky say look at the bright side Bolton and bury fans, at least you can now support one of the ‘big 6’ premier league clubs because they’re all that matter.

So, you have sky then? 

I agree with everything you have written though. 

12 hours ago, Sexydadbod said:

I don't disagree that Sky have not covered this well, but to suggest they or any other ex players/managers should be spending money to save these clubs is absolutely ridiculous. The reason both these clubs are in their positions is because the owners have not run them well and they have piddled away the resources of both clubs. Why you think anyone should be giving money to the conman in charge of Bury I have no idea. Unless one of these people fancy owning a football club then there is absolutely zero reason why they would put money into these clubs. This is especially true in the case of Bury where you very likely wouldn't even own any of the clubs assets if you purchased it. The damage is already done - a few donations won't help either of them - Bury cant even be saved if they had new owners.

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

you couldn't donate to either club as the owner(s) COULD just pocket the cash and wouldn't be obliged to use the cash in the way in was donated.

Exactly this.

apparently, one of the interested parties wanted to purchase the club but didn’t want to hand over any money to Steve Dale which is understandable.

if Dale did purchase the club for £1 he should’ve done the decent thing and accept a goodwill payment, the club and wider community have now suffered.

14 hours ago, Seaside Ram said:

Did anyone else think Jim White presenting a countdown to the 5pm EFL deadline was crass and insensitive towards Bolton and Bury ? 

They have no shame !!

You have to remember that this is TV for premier league supporters. People who aren't remotely interested in Bury or the implications in the wider footballing community. Sky are just trying to make it entertaining for them so they can continue to sell their advertising slots.

Stay tuned for the great Schumacher switch-off.

I can't stand Sky Sports News.  10 minutes of news spread over an hour, repeated every hour.  Only this morning the black geezer with the bald head and glasses stood there with his unnecessary ipad, in front of the unnecessarily large jumbo-tron studio screen and announced with not a single ounce of irony that they had an exciting morning ahead with an interview with Ani Aloku, some ex rugby player who's switching to MMA and exerts from a Man Cit-eh training session... 

tv2 hrweyse GIF by Badehotellet

At least Jim White tries his best to be topical on Talksport...

Archived