The Politics Thread 2019

Day

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Need a lot of disposable nappys though with nobody around to wipe the bottoms of the crumbling population.

think of the environment...….perhaps that's what was behind the labour promise to build on "brownfield" sites......?

Where are these brownfield sites lol 

4 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

plenty of crappy pockets of land covered in waste and rubbish around in major cities. Take the train into Birmingham and look out of the window for example.

Its so sad how many people dont give a duck and think someone else should sort it

1 hour ago, Uptherams said:

We wouldn't need so many houses if we reduced net migration by 80-90%. 

We could also euthanise all old people and anyone with a serious disability.

I mean comeon that will sort out the housing shortage and reduce the strain on the NHS 

Honestly why these politicians dont come to me for these ideas i have no idea.

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

Who’s going to sort out the 100 K houses not lived in Mr Corbyn. 

Where you going to get the raw materials from. 

Houses not lived in. That is a good point. What can we do about them.

I know of two houses that sit empty. One the owner moved back to his mums. Tried to sell, couldn’t get what wanted and now it sits in a state if disrepair, empty for years. 

The other the owner died,  been sat empty years too, family cannot get what they want and also sits empty in a state of disrepair.

Should in these circumstances owners be forced to sell for a realistic price so they dont stand empty.

3 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Houses not lived in. That is a good point. What can we do about them.

I know of two houses that sit empty. One the owner moved back to his mums. Tried to sell, couldn’t get what wanted and now it sits in a state if disrepair, empty for years. 

The other the owner died,  been sat empty years too, family cannot get what they want and also sits empty in a state of disrepair.

Should in these circumstances owners be forced to sell for a realistic price so they dont stand empty.

I think it needs to be looked into .

Derelict houses need renervating but it all costs money and materials which are often in short supply. 

Housing policy needs to looked at outside the box.  

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

I think it needs to be looked into .

Derelict houses need renervating but it all costs money and materials which are often in short supply. 

Housing policy needs to looked at outside the box.  

Yep it seems odd to keep building when their are properties sat empty.

I agree,  seems sensible to make it policy to fill these before building more

Just now, Paul71 said:

Jeeezus and we potentially have these sorts of people running the country 

To be fair he was only £56bn out on what he told one of his voters, give or take a few pounds.

If that had been Dianne Abbot that clio would be being played continuously round the clock for weeks.

If it was Boris Johnson we would have everyone telling us it was another lie.

1 minute ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

cant start infringing on our property rights, you bunch of commies...…...its a slippery slope.

Sod im going to go in one of them and tend the garden,  how long do i have to do that for before its mine?

Archived