Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
David

NFL 2019 Season

Recommended Posts

Kevin Stefanski confirmed as OC for the Vikings. Looked like he might be going else where, as he interviewed for some HC jobs, notably impressing the Browns.

he did ok in the 3 games he had this season. But the o line has to be addressed otherwise he’s fighting a losing battle. 

A young coach who’s been at the Vikings I think 12 years, so I’m glad he’s being given a chance.

Share this post


Link to post

Kliff Kingsbury is a really odd choice, his Collegiate record isn't even that good. One thing to note though, he said in an interview in October that he would draft Kyler Murray if he was an NFL head coach... well now he is, and the Cards have the first pick. Will Rosen stop him doing it?

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Srg said:

Kliff Kingsbury is a really odd choice, his Collegiate record isn't even that good. One thing to note though, he said in an interview in October that he would draft Kyler Murray if he was an NFL head coach... well now he is, and the Cards have the first pick. Will Rosen stop him doing it?

I’m a Cards fan so obviously biased but...

Kingsbury’s seen as a risky choice but we just fired Steve Wilks who was seen as one of the safest choices going? I honestly think after the season we’ve just had, this was the way to go.

32nd in points, 32nd in first downs, 32nd in pass yards, 32nd in rush yards, 32nd in scoring percentage, 32nd in time of possession

Clearly need a creative mind on offense after this years debacle, so Kliff adresses our biggest need and suits the way the league is trending. What’s the point in hiring a defensive HC right now? If you have a successful OC, they’ll get poached for a HC job within a year.

That Kyler comment is something made off the cuff in an interview months ago, there’s not a cat in hells chance we get rid of Rosen. It makes for a good story on but it’s complete nonsense.

Rosen’s been in a horrible situation but we’ve just hired a HC who’s perfect for him. Look at the jump that Goff had in his second year, I doubt we’ll get that level of improvement but we desperately need to get the best out of him. This is the best way to ensure we’ll have someone working with him for more than just a year. He’s already on his third OC, he needs the stability of an offensive coach that’s going to give him a system to grow into.

Also, it’s an exciting appointment. The organisation the last few years has been stale, I’d rather we swing for the fences on an appointment than go with someone like Caldwell or Gase. Not like we missed out on some guaranteed winner, if it fails spectacularly then we’re no worse off than we are now.

The one worry is I’m not sure what kind of supporting staff he’s going to bring, he doesn’t have the relationships in the league that a Shanahan/McVay has. I’m worried about that but there’s plenty of decent DC’s around as well as a talented enough defense already in house. Particularly if you add Nick Bosa to it.

Share this post


Link to post

More coaching appointments, at the Vikings. Super bowl winning head coach Gary Kubiak, also 2 super bowl wins as OC. He comes in and assistant head coach/offensive advisor. His son Klint Kubiak comes in as QB coach, plus Brian Pariani as TE coach. We are also looking for a new special teams coach, which equals a big shake up in the coaching department.

I feel there could be similar about to happen on the playing side. With HC & GM in the last year of their contracts, they almost have to deliver the super bowl, which has been the target from the start of their reign, to keep their jobs.

zimmer possibly goes into the season the most under pressure coach, a poor start and there’s a realistic chance he’d get the sack.

Share this post


Link to post

Steelers OC Munchak’s contract expired and cleared off to Broncos, his understudy Sarrett has been promoted into the role.

Absolute meltdown but apparently has family back in Denver, this for family reasons.

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, David said:

Steelers OC Munchak’s contract expired and cleared off to Broncos, his understudy Sarrett has been promoted into the role.

Absolute meltdown but apparently has family back in Denver, this for family reasons.

Actually Mike Tomlin is probably number 1 in the hot seat right now 😂 Steelers are a mess, and an incredibly talented roster is being wasted.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Actually Mike Tomlin is probably number 1 in the hot seat right now 😂 Steelers are a mess, and an incredibly talented roster is being wasted.

Brown thing needs to be settled quickly, just a manchild, keeps sending out cryptic messages over social media.

Posted a Instagram story the other day with a painting of him, half Steeler, half 49er.

He’s like that crazy girlfriend who posts the poor me, give me sympathy quotes on Facebook. 

One close source leaks he 100% wants to stay, the next he badly wants the 49ers. 

31 when the season kicks off, trade value will be high, I would bin him off. JuJu #1 and start looking for a #2 reciever as Washington doesn’t look all that.

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, David said:

Brown thing needs to be settled quickly, just a manchild, keeps sending out cryptic messages over social media.

Posted a Instagram story the other day with a painting of him, half Steeler, half 49er.

He’s like that crazy girlfriend who posts the poor me, give me sympathy quotes on Facebook. 

One close source leaks he 100% wants to stay, the next he badly wants the 49ers. 

31 when the season kicks off, trade value will be high, I would bin him off. JuJu #1 and start looking for a #2 reciever as Washington doesn’t look all that.

Saw that picture 😂 the way the Bell thing is still rumbling on, you don’t expect the Brown situation to be resolved quickly either.

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Saw that picture 😂 the way the Bell thing is still rumbling on, you don’t expect the Brown situation to be resolved quickly either.

Apparently we can stick a transition tag on him where we get the first chance to match an offer he gets elsewhere, but that can get a bit messy.......worrying thing is that's what they are expected to do. [Eastenders duff duff duff]

With James Conner and Jaylen Samuels looking pretty handy, not sure why we would open that can of worms again, just move on even if it does weaken us, sort the locker room out and rid the egos.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, David said:

Apparently we can stick a transition tag on him where we get the first chance to match an offer he gets elsewhere, but that can get a bit messy.......worrying thing is that's what they are expected to do. [Eastenders duff duff duff]

With James Conner and Jaylen Samuels looking pretty handy, not sure why we would open that can of worms again, just move on even if it does weaken us, sort the locker room out and rid the egos.

believe putting the transition tag on him would actually make him trade-able. So doing that might provide the Steelers an opportunity to get some picks, but only if a team is very confident they can pay Bell what he wants - otherwise no-one will take the risk.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

believe putting the transition tag on him would actually make him trade-able. So doing that might provide the Steelers an opportunity to get some picks, but only if a team is very confident they can pay Bell what he wants - otherwise no-one will take the risk.

To be honest I don't get any of it, I've only just mastered the rules of the games, well I thought I had but the officials seem to make it up as they go along. 

All these tags and caps will come in time when I can't spend a year to sit down and wrap my head round it all. 

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, David said:

To be honest I don't get any of it, I've only just mastered the rules of the games, well I thought I had but the officials seem to make it up as they go along. 

All these tags and caps will come in time when I can't spend a year to sit down and wrap my head round it all. 

If they didn't add/change rules literally every year it would be easier to follow 😄 

I'm expecting some of this year's rule changes to be dialed back. Especially the onside kick changes. The rules have made those the most pointless play in football.

Share this post


Link to post
51 minutes ago, David said:

To be honest I don't get any of it, I've only just mastered the rules of the games, well I thought I had but the officials seem to make it up as they go along. 

All these tags and caps will come in time when I can't spend a year to sit down and wrap my head round it all. 

This! 😂

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.