Derby City Centre - Christmas shoppers?

voyager1

I was thinking of popping into Derby City centre tomorrow and was wondering whether the City centre is extremely packed due to people chasing the After-Christmas sales. Also has anyone had difficulty parking due to this?

Today I went to Birmingham and the Bull Ring was a nightmare.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Inglorius said:

All the serious shoppers will have been into town on Boxing Day to buy next year's Xmas cards. 

Why don't you get public transport in as a suggestion if you're that worried about parking queues.

Because I live further afield. I wanted to pop into Derby whilst I had time off - including stopping at the DCFC megastore.

1 hour ago, voyager1 said:

Because I live further afield. I wanted to pop into Derby whilst I had time off - including stopping at the DCFC megastore.

No parking issues mate - apart from the price - shunt be too busy. Try the Royal Telegraph pub car park, its just across the road from the Intu and half the price.

10 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

No parking issues mate - apart from the price - shunt be too busy. Try the Royal Telegraph pub car park, its just across the road from the Intu and half the price.

Don't know if they still do it but The Royal Te!egraph used to reimburse the cost of parking in the car park behind them if you had a meal at the pub.

Thanks all.

I came to Derby today firstly buying merchandise at DCFC and then parking at Intu Riverside. No problems parking.

Intu shopping centre was packed but I spent a lot of time outside and at the Market Hall.

I went along St Peters Street - no zombies. The only zombies I saw were on the Walking Dead calendars for sale at the Calendar Club stall in the Intu.

Overall, a very pleasant visit to the city centre.

Mrs Stockholm, Junior Stockholn and me,sen stayed at Jury's Inn over Christmas. Altogether not a bad experience. Found Doc Martins and the casuals shop on Sadler Gate. Enjoyed an afternoon at Pride Park catching up with old mates for the Robins game. 

Went intu once. Not my cuppa really. Uncle Toms Cabin and Birds were welcome visits. Catherdral Quarter saw most of Missus net spend. Oh that Dorothy Brigdens got a couple of visits. 

Blades game I went over to Bar Sport ( that's Rhode Island Dinner for you 80s party goers - and Kenning Motors to Eddie and Uthch). 

Couldnt get my car out of Bold Lane ' TOO safe park"... And generally spent a lot of time reminiscing... 

6 hours ago, StockholmRam said:

Mrs Stockholm, Junior Stockholn and me,sen stayed at Jury's Inn over Christmas. Altogether not a bad experience. Found Doc Martins and the casuals shop on Sadler Gate. Enjoyed an afternoon at Pride Park catching up with old mates for the Robins game. 

Went intu once. Not my cuppa really. Uncle Toms Cabin and Birds were welcome visits. Catherdral Quarter saw most of Missus net spend. Oh that Dorothy Brigdens got a couple of visits. 

Blades game I went over to Bar Sport ( that's Rhode Island Dinner for you 80s party goers - and Kenning Motors to Eddie and Uthch). 

Couldnt get my car out of Bold Lane ' TOO safe park"... And generally spent a lot of time reminiscing... 

I remember Kennings, My mum and dad bought our first car from there, 1982, champagne Mini.

I like the Catherdral end, some nice boutique shops and decent bars n restaurants.  Plus the ‘spoons!

Archived