Alex Scott

ronnieronalde

Is it just me or is this lass a brilliant addition to our footballing TV screens as a pundit? Not as a "token" female either. She is there on merit as far as I'm concerned.  Doesn't over waffle, get's her views across really clearly without going all Gary Neville and Jamie Carragher tactics wise. Get's better week after week as she becomes more relaxed in her role.

Up there with the best on offer currently, I really look forward to listening to what she has to say and as someone who is a bit old fashioned/protective men's football wise I didn't really want to like her. (I know, sexist pig)

A real breath of fresh air.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only seen her once - can't recall the game but the panel included Patrice Evra who seemed utterly dumbfounded by the fact that a girl could understand a game as hugely complex as football and repeatedly said as much every time he was asked a question. The irony was that Patrice, bless his cotton socks, provided less insight and worthwhile commentary than a Cornish pasty. That said, he does offer some significant comedic value and he's apparently also nice to chickens. 

She's fit innit.

But same as Smyth, I switch off when any of them start talking. It's a game and they go on like they're curing Cancer. 

Ever since Kilbane had 3 laser lines and a gold circle to show why Vincent Kompany is 3 yards out of position I knew it'd gone too far. 

XG ÷ Goals scored x distance ran + chances created - gengen pressing = shut the fook up

Archived