Who would swap Marriott for Abraham?

MackworthRamIsGod

33 minutes ago, Makedoh said:

Apparently Marriott is on 18k a week according to Peterborough chairman on twitter commenting on Jack today. 

Bargain compared to Abraham. 

Would assume he will be picking up bonuses, ect and if he continues to perform ,I would imagine further incentives / improved contract would be in the making for the lad.Wasn't sceptical of his ability when he joined us and appreciated he wasn't fully fit,but pleasantly surprised at his progress and his finishing ability , just sublime. Can't help comparing him to Dean Saunders but may be that's because he was a shorty as well?.

Surprising that no other clubs were interested in him ,their was a time a handful of clubs would be wanting to take a punt, but because he ain't foreign and he was playing lower league football dispite his goal tally no ones intrested. Liverpool spotted Keegan at tranmere,can't imagine any top flight team considering lower league players Like that now.

Let's hope he continues  to progress ,and good luck to the lad.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both excellent young prospects and right now it'd be a hard call. Pretty sure Tammy would be scoring plenty for us too bit that said, Jack is seemingly the perfect fit for Derby and that, aligned to an apparently abundant skillset tips the scales firmly his way. I think Tammy is a striker in the purest sense and a pretty lethal finisher, but I've not seen enough of him to know whether he boasts all the other attributes that Jack appears to. I think Tammy would be more dependent on 'service' than Jack and also would create less for those around him. Lastly, Tammy would cost us @ £20-£30 mill whereas we secured Jack for 10% of that fee (add-ons to follow) so it's a polite but firm 'no' from me. 

1 hour ago, ram1964 said:

Would assume he will be picking up bonuses, ect and if he continues to perform ,I would imagine further incentives / improved contract would be in the making for the lad.Wasn't sceptical of his ability when he joined us and appreciated he wasn't fully fit,but pleasantly surprised at his progress and his finishing ability , just sublime. Can't help comparing him to Dean Saunders but may be that's because he was a shorty as well?.

Surprising that no other clubs were interested in him ,their was a time a handful of clubs would be wanting to take a punt, but because he ain't foreign and he was playing lower league football dispite his goal tally no ones intrested. Liverpool spotted Keegan at tranmere,can't imagine any top flight team considering lower league players Like that now.

Let's hope he continues  to progress ,and good luck to the lad.

I hate to be pedantic, but wasn't Keegan at Scunthorpe ?...…. Tranmere's claim to fame, is letting us have the GREATEST centre half ever to play for England ! 

I think Tammy Abraham is a good player, but I don't like the fact that he knows he is and sees these loan moves as a step down.

Watched him play for Chelsea under 23s against us early season when he captained the side. He didn't look interested and wasted a series of good chances. It was after he'd been training with the first team pre-season but presumably been told he was going out on loan again.

Conversely, this is Jack Marriott's big opportunity,  it's a step up and he looks determined to take his chance. For that reason alone I would choose him over Abraham, even If Tammy scores and has a good game against us next week. I want someone who'll turn up and try their hardest for us every week and I think Jack Marriott is that player.

(As an aside to this, I do think our current loanees are working hard to impress and maybe Frank would get Tammy to do the same.)

But I would still choose Jack! 

10 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Given the chance would you happily swap Tammy for Marriott, it would be interesting to ask Villa fans the same st the minute.

Before the end of August, even before seeing Marriott play, if I was told we could get Tammy Abraham for a year long loan providing we got rid of Marriott, I would have drove him to Raynesway tip and left him there. I think most fans may have done similar.

Now, I ain't so sure!

Marriott is showing he can finish like a top top striker, the chest he laid off yesterday (I forget who to) reminded me of Martin in his prime.

He is my new hero, along side Wilson, Mount, Carson, Tomori.

And Huddlestone.

I would happily swap him, on the 75th minute 

Abraham is a bloody good player, such a thing can’t be denied. Arguably got the greatest talent of any striker in ever the league. But he’s a loanee and marriotts ours. Difficult to say which ones better, Abraham would probably get on the ball more mind. Think the plan was to have both Imo, we signed Waghorn instead of Abraham, Marriott was always meant to be the long term striker. Would have preferred Abraham to Waghorn, not that Waghorn is a bad player mind.

20 hours ago, Rampage said:

Newsflash - 

Neanderthals 0 - 1 Cromagnons

Australopithicans 1 -  0 Homo erectans

Homo sapiens 3 - 4 Homo habilisians

Homo abilis 8 - 0 Homo floresiensis

Homo heidelbergensis 0 - 0 Homo rudolfensis (heidelberg won on penalties AET

Notts County 1 - 4 Derby County

Update - Rams go top but not much to beat in fairness. You can only win the games that are played.

Next Derby fixture MNF at Pleistocene Park

Rams v Homo denisovans

(all ticket, see website for ticket enquiries or contact Lucy if you have a bone to pick) ???

Thank you for your feedback. Rampage. ??

Archived