Goals conceded in last 15 minutes

King Kevin

Mentioned on Sky yesterday and I quote "Derby just don't concede in the last 15 minutes£ [Championship games] .First thought, bugger that's done it but that's quite and achievement if true .

I do think we are much fitter under Frank maybe that's part of the reason.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Mentioned on Sky yesterday and I quote "Derby just don't concede in the last 15 minutes£ [Championship games] .First thought, bugger that's done it but that's quite and achievement if true .

Yer we just concede a shed load in the first 15 minutes to compensate 

1 hour ago, King Kevin said:

Wouldn't read too much into this especially after just a dozen games. A goal conceded at any time is still a goal and our goal difference of plus 3 isn't great.

2 hours ago, King Kevin said:

Yeah, I heard that too. It's especially interesting when you consider that under Snakey, late goals cost us again and again. I think I ran some numbers on it at one point and goals conceded in minutes 85 to end of game had cost us the points equivalent of around 3 to 4 wins. Whilst we may still be a work in progress as regards our playing style, there's little doubt that Frank and Jody have transformed us into one of, if not the fittest side in the league. That's going to yield benefits over the course of the season, for sure. 

6 hours ago, 86 points said:

Yeah, I heard that too. It's especially interesting when you consider that under Snakey, late goals cost us again and again. I think I ran some numbers on it at one point and goals conceded in minutes 85 to end of game had cost us the points equivalent of around 3 to 4 wins. Whilst we may still be a work in progress as regards our playing style, there's little doubt that Frank and Jody have transformed us into one of, if not the fittest side in the league. That's going to yield benefits over the course of the season, for sure. 

Not just the snake, but under mcclaren as well tbf. It’s been a recurring feeling of inevitability at times when that added time board goes up... hopefully the change thus far this season continues

According to this, in the last 15 minutes of games (effectively the last 20 minutes as injury time is counted in the numbers) we've scored 5 and conceded none:

https://www.soccerstats.com/timing.asp?league=england2

But we're not alone. Dirty Leeds have the same record and Bristol City have scored 6 without reply. And we did concede at the death at Old Trafford. 

The talk of Mac on here is interesting. QPR are 0-6. And with the Baggies coming up this week, it ain't over till it's over. Their last 15 minutes of matches have already produced 15 goals, them scoring 10 of them. 

16 hours ago, King Kevin said:

Talking to the Blades I know they are largely of the opinion that they just couldn’t keep up the pace they had in the first half whilst we just kept going.

We’ve certainly got some pace and sustained pace,it’s great to watch Tomori go through the gears,that lads got some pace and he certainly keeps it up for 90 minutes.

I don’t think the Blades did themselves any favours by bringing on Leon Clarke and Couttsy who is still recovering from his leg break.

Archived