England v Spain

ViewsFromTheMiddle

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, David said:

Easy money.

C9535A36-6441-4F6E-9004-53D23723A518.png

Not really a betting guy, but Spain are never likely to have many corners in a game as it’s all possession and rarely getting the ball wide to swing crosses in.

The majority of corners are won by a team with overlapping fullbacks or high wingers looking to swing the ball in and it getting deflected out.

Just now, Bris Vegas said:

Not really a betting guy, but Spain are never likely to have many corners in a game as it’s all possession and rarely getting the ball wide to swing crosses in.

The majority of corners are won by a team with overlapping fullbacks or high wingers looking to swing the ball in and it getting deflected out.

Yeah, soon realised I made an error with that one, was hopeful of a pop shot being tipped over or deflected but it’s all to precise for any of that

45 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I rate Ramos as one of the best defenders of his generation, but he’s an outright liar.

He said he never goes out to injure or hurt his opponent. So that hack at Messi in 2010 was what then? A genuine attempt for the ball? 

He’s a dirty player, no doubt about it. But an excellent one too. His influence and demeanor at times is Roy Keane-esque.

He is but Salah tried to take down Ramos first, the angles showed that. Ramos used his knowledge and experience to overturn the situation and Salah’s injury can be argued to be karma for trying to take Ramos down first. This is conveniently forgotten by the scousers. 

There's a few on here who don't like anyone saying that the ref had a poor game. Well the ref had a poor game. Really poor. And Ramos is a snide, dirty cheat. In fact the whole Spanish team go down quicker than Mexican call girls, always feigning injury when they do so. It frazzles my gourd how some teams still get away with it when there's no VAR to highlight their diving. In any case, it's about time we wised up and realised that when we have a ref like this, we simply have to stay on our feet all over the park, not just close to our own goal. Almost non-contact if you will. Rashford was bright but typically profligate in front of goal, and we again showed a lack of real quality in the final third and poor defending on a set-piece. Pretty standard and frustrating fare all round for me, but there are the makings of a decent young side there all the same. I do like Southgate but I'm still not totally convinced that he has the vision to take us forward. That said, he's earned his chance I suppose after a decent WC run so it'd be very hard on him were he not given his chance. 6/10 on the night.

3 minutes ago, 86 points said:

There's a few on here who don't like anyone saying that the ref had a poor game. Well the ref had a poor game. Really poor. And Ramos is a snide, dirty cheat. In fact the whole Spanish team go down quicker than Mexican call girls, always feigning injury when they do so. It frazzles my gourd how some teams still get away with it when there's no VAR to highlight their cheating ways. In any case, it's about time we wised up and realised that when we have a ref like this, we simply have to stay on our feet all over the park, not just close to our own goal. Almost non-contact if you will. Rashford was bright but typically profligate in front of goal, and we again showed a lack of real quality in the final third and poor defending on a set-piece. Pretty standard and frustrating fare all round for me, but there are the makings of a decent young side there all the same. I do like Southgate but I'm still not totally convinced that he has the vision to take us forward. That said, he's earned his chance I suppose after a decent WC run so it'd be very hard on him were he not given the chance to take us forward. 6/10 on the night.

Yeh cos Alli, Lingard and Kane are all fantastic professionals with no bad reputations whatsoever aren’t they?  Ramos did absolutely nothing wrong tonight, he may have done things in the past but he was faultless tonight, an all time great defender if we look at his CV. Gary Neville had it spot on, Ramos is a great and any fan in the world would love him in their team. We complain about a lack of leaders in the game but Ramos is a leader.

Archived