U23s v Chelsea

Day

1 hour ago, handyill said:

Thorne played full 90 and looked fit and hungry.

...Overall a decent performance, with all three of our senior players putting in good performances.

I thought that they all looked fitter and sharper than previous games (down to number of matches played?). I'd hope that they are at least training with the first team squad now?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I thought that they all looked fitter and sharper than previous games (down to number of matches played?). I'd hope that they are at least training with the first team squad now?

If Thorne gets back match fit surely he is the enforcer we need in front of the back four isn't he?

39 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I don't think they are. Max Bird was on some of the training videos in the Frank Lampard interview this week. These appear to have been filmed after Evans' injury on Tuesday night. So, it doesn't look promising for a return for any of the players barring a major injury crisis. ?

I hope I'm wrong.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Just listened to Wassall after the game, he pretty much said the same on fitness and contributing more; first and foremost praised their attitude!

No doubt in my mind Thorne and Martin want to play for Derby.

25 minutes ago, angieram said:

I don't think they are. Max Bird was on some of the training videos in the Frank Lampard interview this week. These appear to have been filmed after Evans' injury on Tuesday night. So, it doesn't look promising for a return for any of the players barring a major injury crisis. ?

I hope I'm wrong.

I'm hoping that they've been playing for their fitness. After watching them I can't see how they've not got a part to play, even Anya if we get curse of the left-back again. Why wouldn't FL play Martin and Thorne? 

Thought MacDonald, Bateman, Gordon and Guy looked good too.

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

If Thorne gets back match fit surely he is the enforcer we need in front of the back four isn't he?

Nothing against you jimbo but I dislike the phrase ‘enforcer’ I think very good footballer covers it fine 

Archived