NFL Fantasy 2018-19

r4derby

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/12/2018 at 15:00, Srg said:

No one will want to face me with Kamara, Thielen and Hill. Bears defence and Kittle/Ebron makes me very dangerous. Just always seem to have one or two who crater and get 0.

Justin Jackson outscores Tyreek Hill by 9.40pts. Good start for me against the mighty, all conquering, Srg...

33 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Was half expecting to have to.

Don't know who to pick now though... ?

Jalen Richard imo 

Kenyan Drake has higher upside, but probably riskier.

22 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Jalen Richard imo 

Kenyan Drake has higher upside, but probably riskier.

Cheers, my initial inclination was to go Richard for the safe 10-12 points but at the moment I'm 90% sure I'll go with Drake, despite his lack of involvement in the run game, he's still averaged >18 in the last 3 weeks.

Quick check shows Richard has outscored Drake in 8/14 weeks, but Drake has scored >15 six times compared to just once for Richard.

Richard does have a far better matchup (Bengals) versus Drake (Vikings).

Ugh.

21 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Screenshot_20181214-210044.jpg

Drake has failed to log more than eight carries in each of Miami's last five contests

I find, I often get baited by players scoring TDs in past games while actually seeing very light usage.

As I say, you're not going to get a 20pt game out of Richard, you might get one out of Drake - but I'd say its like 1 in 10.

Richard is up against a well and truly beaten Bengals, playing for a resurgent Raiders. I'm putting Jordy Nelson in my game for similar reasoning! 

I guess you gotta look at what you reckon your people are gonna get. If you think 10pts from Flex will be enough, go with Richard. If you think you need 20 pt games from everyone, then there's no point playing the safe option - take the risk.

James Conner unexpectedly returning to training today and now listed as questionable has threw a spanner in the works. 

Moved Jaylen Samuels to the flex, problem being Ridley who would come back in plays at 6pm, Steelers 9.25.

Hopefully he’s declared fit or not earlier in the day. The way Ridley’s been ignored of late though might be worth leaving Samuels in regardless with the possibility Conner starts then goes off as his ankle isn’t up to it. 

Worst case I lose 2pts

16 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I guess you gotta look at what you reckon your people are gonna get. If you think 10pts from Flex will be enough, go with Richard. If you think you need 20 pt games from everyone, then there's no point playing the safe option - take the risk.

I've been spoiled this year as I've not had a flex position to worry about with 3 gun WR's (Brown, Adams, Diggs/OBJ) staying fit all season... my only "flexing" has been with my RB's... just typical the injury hits at the play off stage!

I suppose I could just go with Richard and blame bad luck AND YOU(!) if it all goes wrong...

28 minutes ago, Carnero said:

I've been spoiled this year as I've not had a flex position to worry about with 3 gun WR's (Brown, Adams, Diggs/OBJ) staying fit all season... my only "flexing" has been with my RB's... just typical the injury hits at the play off stage!

I suppose I could just go with Richard and blame bad luck AND YOU(!) if it all goes wrong...

That works! 

On a tangent - I feel like the final playoff games are going to be heavily influenced by who's got their position in the playoffs (in real NFL) locked up going into the last week.

I really dislike it when the fantasy playoffs line up with the last 3 games of the season, cos good teams who have their seeding locked up just straight up stop playing their valuable players.

We've been a little blessed in how competitive the NFL is this season, usually people would already be being rested, but its still going to happen and duck someone over.

Archived